Just hours before a self-imposed deadline, the Seahawks and quarterback Russell Wilson have agreed to a four-year, $87.6 million extension that includes a $31 million signing bonus and about $60 million guaranteed, according to Peter King of Sports Illustrated.
Dustin Ackley's days of being a Mariner are over. Why was the move made, and what could be next as the trade deadline approaches?
Drivers in Bothell know the intersection at Highway 527 and 228th Street well. It's one of the most congested spots in the region.
NEW KIRO RadioJust weeks away from tolling in I-405 HOV lanes
The free ride in the HOV lanes on I-405 is about to end and WSDOT expects the change will cause some confusion.
710 ESPN SeattleKam Chancellor the lone absence as Seahawks report to training camp
The Seahawks reported to training camp Thursday with near perfect attendance. The lone exception: Kam Chancellor.
NEW Dave Ross, KIRO RadioInstalling Windows 10 a lot like 'emigrating legally from Mexico'
Dave Ross has signed up and he's in line for Windows 10. He's praying his computer qualifies.
MyNorthwest'It's just easy to blame minimum wage' when Seattle businesses close
It seemed like Seattle's new minimum wage was going to spell doom for some restaurants, but that may not be the case.
Associated PressWarm blob invades Puget Sound waters
Scientists say they're seeing unusual warm conditions in Puget Sound this summer because of the drought and a large mass of warm ocean water.
Tom Tangney, KIRO RadioTangney: Expect more boom than plot in new 'Mission Impossible'
The "Mission Impossible" movies have landed on a hit formula, a formula that's proved so popular there's little motivation to deviate from it.
NEW KIRO RadioWhy would anyone knit a knocker?
Barb Demorest knew many women like her would love a knitted knocker, but couldn't get their hands on one.
Jason Rantz Show, KIRO RadioJason Rantz: Seattle mayor's cowardly attack on media
Jason Rantz says Seattle Mayor Ed Murray is blaming a bad housing policy recommendation on "sensationalized reporting by a few media outlets."
Dori Monson Show, KIRO RadioCyclist: Bike lanes may have a dangerous design flaw
It wouldn't be a normal day for cyclists in Seattle without a close call with a vehicle, or in Trip Volpe's case, full contact.
Ron and Don Show, KIRO RadioFormer Sonic is a Starbucks barista?
A former SuperSonic blew millions of dollars and is now trying to get it back as a Starbucks barista.
MyNorthwestWhy it isn't cheap to be a Seahawks fan
The Seahawks reportedly have the most expensive tickets in the NFL this season.
KIRO RadioBoeing chairman: We're considering moving company to other countries
Outgoing Boeing CEO Jim McNerney delivered a bombshell, adding to the controversy over the Export-Import Bank.
Tom and Curley Show, KIRO RadioJudge to hear conspiracy theorist's Kurt Cobain murder claim
A Seattle conspiracy theorist, claiming the Seattle's rock icon Kurt Cobain was murdered by government officials, is taking his theory to court.
MyNorthwestKiller was ready to 'give his life' when he set out on police hunt
The man who murdered a Seattle police officer showed absolutely no remorse for the violent act.
KIRO RadioIs Washington moving away from the death penalty?
King County Prosecutor Dan Satterberg says he won't seek the death penalty against a woman accused of killing six people.
- Redemption is Seahawks' challenge in 2015 after Super Bowl heartbreak
- UW notebook: Petersen says Browning "in the mix" in wide-open QB race
- J.A. Happ struggles again, Mariners lose 9-5 to Twins
- Mariners trade OF Dustin Ackley to Yankees for prospects
- Report: Mariners unlikely to trade Hisashi Iwakuma before deadline
- Kam Chancellor, the Seahawks and the price of success in the NFL
- 'Gutilicious': A rap tribute to the Mariners' Franklin Gutierrez
- Expect more boom than plot in 'Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation'
- Mayor Murray's cowardly attack on media and use of race card
- Former SuperSonic working at Starbucks?
- How Donald Trump is preparing for the big debate
- Nobody believes a Washington state carbon tax will save the planet
- Maybe hunter didn't know he was luring Cecil the lion from a reserve
- Cyclist: Bike lanes may have a dangerous design flaw
- Why would anyone knit a knocker?
- Express Lane tolling on I-405 begins in September
- Warm blob of ocean water, drought warming Puget Sound waters
- Wilson, Seahawks agree to terms on contract extension
- Bystanders help but couldn't save man who drowned in Kitsap
- Wall Street futures tepid ...Restaurant workers' wage boost... Winter game to Beijing
- Vancouver drama teacher pleads guilty to sex with student
- What special-needs buyers want: Agents trained in universal design
- Three reasons it's a great time to sell - RealtyTrac survey
- Considering Canada: Financing takes a different look
- Air conditioning bill high? State's energy third 'least expensive'
- Rising equity floats all boats, especially credit lines
- Weighing investments: No sunsets in stock certificates
- Local homeseekers don't take a vacation break
- Four years in, consumer protection agency has plenty to do
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant
- DOJ report critical of St. Louis County family court
- Toll collector killed by pickup on Massachusetts Turnpike
- Woman gets 15 years to life for husband's antifreeze death
- Cops: Woman drowns while trying to rescue daughter, 2nd girl
- Chimps denied legal personhood will be retired from research
- Experimental Ebola vaccine could stop virus in West Africa
- Gunmen kill 1, wound 13 campaigning for Sri Lankan candidate
- Roche drug maker probed in Romania in graft case
- Russian Orthodox Church pushes for control over St. Isaac's
- US philanthropist to offer backing for Oxford lion project
- Wing fragment wrapped and ready for French investigators
- UNHCR: Greece must do more to tackle migration 'emergency'
- US Capitol Police: Vehicle hits barricade, driver in custody
- US condemns terrorist attack that killed Palestinian toddler
- In Urban League speech, Bush touts time as Florida governor
- News Guide: Bush's brother, father among donors to super PAC
- Democrats far behind GOP in raising money for '16 super PACs
- US paychecks grow at record-slow pace in 2nd quarter
- Obama to restore college grants for some prison inmates
- Aggressive cobra found at Houston high-rise apartments
- Texas businessman finds cellphone that fell from plane
- Chicken, beer a bad recipe for home burglar who fell asleep
- Wandering turkey causes stir at University of Michigan
- US court says drug-sniffing dog fails the smell test
- Soup kitchen offers free meal for return of Jesus statue
- Man says he petted zoo cougars after calling 'Here, kitty'