Dori Monson, KIRO RadioSheriff Urquhart: 'Sanctuary city' doesn't mean anything
Seattle calls itself a sanctuary city. Counties and states declare themselves as similar titles. Federal authorities fire back. But does it mean anything?
MyNorthwestKnife-wielding man surrenders to police in downtown Seattle
Police cleared an area of downtown Seattle on Tuesday due to a man allegedly threatening people with a knife.
Jason and Burns, KIRO RadioSeattle City Council pretending to study arena options
The Seattle City Council has already decided it's going to redevelop the KeyArena. So why waste time on a committee studying arena options?
Tom and Curley, KIRO RadioCurley: Sound Transit will triple dip on I-90 bridge price
Sound Transit said it will need to pull $225 million from its contingency plan to pay for light rail on the I-90 bridge. John Curley is betting this won't be the last request.
KIRO RadioReport: Man who allegedly attacked Seattle restaurateur released from jail
Seattle restaurateur Tim Ptak went to check on a reported prowler at the marina on his way to work. That's when things got weird -- and scary.
Associated PressPresident Trump tosses Obama's 'clean' energy plan, embraces coal
President Donald Trump signed an executive order Tuesday that he said would revive the coal industry and create jobs.
MyNorthwest'We will not be bullied' by feds, King County exec. says
The King County executive says he will not allow the remarks made by Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Monday to interfere with local government.
What are they building?Whole Foods abandons controversial West Seattle store
A controversial Whole Foods that was to be built in West Seattle's Junction is no longer happening.
MyNorthwestHow did lawmakers miss Sound Transit's car tab formula?
How did voters not notice that car tab fees would increase so much to help pay for Sound Transit's extension? Senator Steve O'Ban says the bill was not appropriately drafted.
KIRO 7King County unlikely to comply with new ICE 'detainer' procedure
Sheriff John Urquhart said new procedures from the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement are unlikely to influence King County to change.
Jason Rantz, KIRO RadioRantz: ST3 proponents preyed on our gullibility, bilked us of millions
Jason Rantz says Sound Transit could have been more transparent. They could have said they would use an outdated formula to take more money for ST3.
- Listen: Justin Britt on the Seahawks' offensive line additions
- Mariners legend Ken Griffey Jr on baseball's influx of emotion
- Listen: John Clayton on difficulties NFL may face in Las Vegas
- Notebook: Six days before season opener, Mariners are 'ready to go'
- Mariners RHP Shae Simmons has flexor strain; rehab slowed down
- Bertha could breach two months early
- Whole Foods abandons controversial West Seattle store
- 'We will not be bullied' by feds, King County exec. says
- Council president to Seattle arena investors: You're not addressing the elephant in the room
- King County unlikely to comply with new ICE 'detainer' procedure
- Want a window seat overlooking UW’s famed cherry blossoms? Just tune into this YouTube live stream
- Amazon exec shares secrets of company’s culture, tries unsuccessfully to keep his talk secret
- Tech Moves: Amazon hires community engagement director; Marchex’s CRO resigns; and more
- Seattle tunnel machine Bertha is just days from breaking through to complete long journey