While well-intentioned, a homeless advocacy stunt happening right now in Everett is not just unnecessary, but it's potentially dangerous.
The Mariners designated veteran utilityman Willie Bloomquist for assignment Thursday to make room for infielder Chris Taylor, who has been recalled from Triple-A Tacoma.
A finger print on a road flare might be the only thing connecting two men with fires on I-5.
Dori Monson Show, KIRO RadioCity of Seattle drops 'bombshell' on unsuspecting businesses
Some businesses are feeling blindsided by the announcement of three new homeless camps in Seattle.
KIRO RadioGirl Scout CEO responds to skepticism over $100K donation
KIRO Radio's John Curley believes the Girl Scouts "concocted" a story to get people to feel sorry for them, thus paving the way for even more money. Others agree, and some don't.
NEW MyNorthwestSalmonella outbreak reported after people cuddle, kiss chickens
Chickens have caused a Salmonella outbreak across multiple U.S. states, including Washington, leading the CDC to recommend not cuddling with your chickens.
MyNorthwestFirst measles-related death in more than a decade reported in Washington
The first measles-related death in the country in more than a decade was in Washington.
KIRO RadioWestern Washington is a ticking time bomb for fires
June saw record-breaking average temperatures and dry conditions that rival some of the most arid Augusts in Washington history.
Dave Ross, KIRO RadioDave Ross: What we can actually learn from tax returns
Presidential election years are always exciting because we get to see other peoples' tax returns. Jeb Bush just released his.
Chokepoints, KIRO RadioFewer crashes, more complaints over roundabout on 'Blood Alley'
Many people blame a roundabout for the miles of traffic backups we get on westbound Highway 2.
Associated PressWashington lawmakers quietly give Microsoft a tax increase
Washington state is quietly giving Microsoft a tax increase. And the company isn't complaining about the $57 million tax hike over the next two years.
MyNorthwestTwo-year-old girl hit, killed by car in Redmond
A 2-year-old girl was killed after being hit by a vehicle as it approached a stop sign at the Redmond Town Center Wednesday afternoon.
MyNorthwestWashington's budget breaks down in Olympia in wake of governor signing it
Republicans accuse Democrats of going back on their word, while Democrats may be divided on how to finish the budget.
Associated PressWoman swimming in Seattle pool hit by falling tree, injured
The Seattle Fire Department says a woman in her 60s was hit and injured by the top of a 100-foot-tall tree that fell on her as she swam in a community pool.
Dori Monson Show, KIRO RadioGun advocates smash political stereotypes at Seattle Pride Parade
A group of friends, some gay and some not, promoting gun rights, marched with Seattleites celebrating gay pride.
Jason Rantz Show, KIRO RadioRantz: King County Executive wants us to sit on a hot, crowded bus
Jason Rantz can't imagine anything more miserable than riding the bus in the heat, but King County Executive Dow Constantine is asking us to make changes for climate change.
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman is No. 11 on NFL's 'Top 100' list
- Seahawks' Doug Baldwin shows another side with Confederate flag commentary
- Video: Mariners' Robinson Cano homers during four-hit day
- Walker throws 1-hit ball for 6 innings, Mariners top Padres
- M's notebook: Iwakuma 'moving in the right direction' in rehab from lat strain
- Lynch talks about Super Bowl ending, dives into Skittles and more on 'Conan'
- What to make of Michael Bennett's latest contract comments
- What we learn from tax returns
- Everett homeless awareness plan a complete mistake
- Get your own, personal superhero action figure made by Bellevue's You Kick Ass
- Gun advocates 'close the divide' between right and left during Seattle Pride Parade
- King County Executive Dow Constantine preys on our misery
- Will your homeowners insurance cover Fourth of July idiocy?
- You absolutely must watch this video before you use fireworks
- Salmonella outbreak reported after people cuddle, kiss chickens
- Washington woman's measles death is first in US since 2003
- Seattle man charged with murder, terrorism in New Jersey
- Man who beat immigrant taxi driver get 6-month sentence
- 2 die in helicopter crash in Asotin County
- Washington lottery stops advance purchasing for now
- Comparison: Common Core results and old Washington tests
Wanna getaway? Creative options for vacation rental
Buyers often need renters to help offset their costs particularly in the first few years of ownership.
- Three mistakes first-time homebuyers make
- Change in scenery: New quiz helps to decide if it's time to move
- Windermere economist foresees no housing bubble
- Survey reveals buyers overestimate mortgage requirements
- Report predicts power shift from homeowners to renters
- Breaking even: What it takes to cash-flow a getaway
- Tired of losing bidding wars, buyer offers pizza for life
- Gimmicks and technology: California learns to save water
- New president at women's college saved from brink of closure
- Authorities: Suspect high on meth during Arizona killings
- Ocean City retains title as New Jersey's most popular beach
- Smoke subsides after hazardous rail spill in Tennessee
- John Whitman, husband of former New Jersey governor, dies
- Ex-church official housed at prison that pope plans to visit
- Days before referendum, Greek voters perplexed and undecided
- '80s file shows plan for Hong Kong 'plantation' in NIreland
- 2 bombings wound 8 people in Colombia's capital, police say
- Gene therapy for cystic fibrosis promising for some patients
- Attack on UN convoy in Mali kills 6 peacekeepers, wounds 5
- Mexican TV anchor Jacobo Zabludovsky dies at 87
- UN observers say Burundi elections were not free
- How Obama reversed course on federal college ratings
- Man who climbed over White House fence gets time served
- US drone strike kills Islamic State leader
- Obama draws sharp contrasts with 'mean' Republicans
- Jim Webb, Iraq war critic in Senate, running for president
- Where They Stand: Webb on some issues of 2016 campaign
- Top Republican doubts Senate will confirm ambassador to Cuba
- Hot-air balloons collide in Utah; pilot has minor burns
- Cat rescued from engine of pickup truck after 28-mile ride
- Dolphin leaps onto boat, injuring California woman
- Man charged with robbing same New Jersey bank 5 years later
- 2 share pageant title after miscount, but one is upset
- Woman's parking citation tossed because of missing comma
- Pennsylvania track to start races earlier to avoid deer