If you need more of a reason to take the latest traffic report by INRIX personally, other than spending hours a year in gridlock, just consider the people you care about.
Very few have had the opportunity to experience the thrill of pumping money into the Seattle tunnel project: until now.
Locals know Highway 524 - or 196th Street - well. The major route through Lynnwood was once an easy way to get to Bothell. But with all the growth in the area, it's backed up all the time.
710 ESPN SeattleRussell Wilson clears up his water claim
Russell Wilson cleared up his claim about Recovery Water and a hit that he took in the NFC Championship Game, saying that the product helped him prevent a head injury.
NEW MyNorthwestRob McKenna: Remarkable how little changes after tragic shootings
Despite such passion over the issue of gun control and rights, former state Attorney General Rob McKenna says it's unfortunate how politics often slow any progress.
NEW 710 ESPN SeattleMariners trade Fernando Rodney to Chicago Cubs for cash
The Mariners traded Fernando Rodney to the Chicago Cubs on Friday for cash considerations, officially putting an end to the embattled reliever's tenure with Seattle.
710 ESPN SeattleMike Salk: It's time for the Mariners to fire GM Jack Zduriencik
Mike Salk believes the value of keeping GM Jack Zduriencik in case they pull off the incredible is outweighed by the advantages of getting a head start on the hiring process.
MyNorthwestIt's not what you say, but how you dress for Marshawn Lynch
Seahawks Marshawn Lynch gave in to the NFL's policy on talking to the media. Danny O'Neil explains you just need to know how to talk to the guy ... about clothes.
MyNorthwestMotorcycle gang suspects sought after firing at police on I-5
Police are searching for up to three suspects in the wake of Thursday morning's shooting along I-5.
Jason Rantz Show, KIRO RadioRantz: State senator claims women are not equal in Washington
Jason Rantz says women in this country have come a very long way from a system of sexism and unequal treatment. A state senator argues there is still a long road ahead.
Jason Rantz Show, KIRO RadioBreastfeeding mom busted while driving on I-5
After a caller tipped off 9-1-1 that a woman was driving northbound in Everett about 7 p.m. with a kid on her lap, nearby trooper Mark Francis tracked the woman down.
Dave Ross, KIRO RadioDave Ross: Why won't Donald Trump quote the Bible?
Trump has been adding to his speeches that the Bible is his favorite book. So why was this his response when a reporter asked him his favorite parts?
Associated PressWinds shifted minutes before three firefighters killed
Dispatch records detail the chaos of the Aug. 19 wildfire and response to the blaze that killed three firefighters and injured four more.
GeekWireAmazon's Treasure Truck launch message was a mistake
After announcing the long-awaited launch of its Treasure Truck rolling deal-mobile in Seattle this morning, the company sent a follow-up message saying it was just a test.
Dori Monson, KIRO RadioDori says based on traffic alone, Mayor Ed Murray has failed Seattle
Mayor Ed Murray responded to a recent Seattle Times editorial that accused the city of failing to meet the challenges of a growing region. Dori says it was spot-on.
MyNorthwestSeattle police chief tackling increased gang activity
Seattle's chief of police says the department is cracking down on gang activity, which is on the rise.
Rachel Belle, KIRO RadioEarthquake scare: How would homebound/homeless people survive?
After frightening articles warning of a big earthquake bound to destroy the region, many of us started to prepare. But who will help the region's most vulnerable population?
- Seahawks hope Chris Matthews, Tarvaris Jackson return next week
- Mariners trade Fernando Rodney to Chicago Cubs for cash
- Seahawks' Will Blackmon talks injury-filled past, what saved his career
- Tickets still available for John Clayton's Fantasy Camp
- Video: Russell Wilson on Rolling Stone article, his public persona
- Video: Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson's preseason so far
- Lineups: Kyle Seager gets a day off in Mariners' opener in Chicago
- State senator claims women are not equal in Washington
- No, Russell Wilson is not Jesus; just a great, mysterious QB
- Why Donald Trump won't quote the Bible
- Seattle Earthquake scare: how would homebound and homeless people survive?
- I feel safer walking in Manhattan than downtown Seattle
- In defense of Seattle Children's after HIV, hepatitis warning
- Breastfeeding mom busted while driving on I-5
- Rob McKenna: Remarkable how little changes after tragic shootings
- Wilson says he did not have a concussion in NFC title game
- Coast Guard flies injured fisherman off boat near San Juans
- 8 people injured in Bellevue wrong-way crash
- Washington woman ticketed for breast-feeding while driving
- Cubs get struggling reliever Fernando Rodney from Mariners
- Senators: More must be done to prevent future wildfires
Poor credit brings higher insurance rates, study reveals
Owners who have a fair credit score were found to pay 32 percent more for home insurance on average than someone with stellar credit, the study found.
- Owners who lost homes set for strong return
- Buy a vacation rental with a self-directed IRA
- No personal use: Investor eyes high-end vacation rental
- 'Prices rising just too fast' - Realtor economist
- Big on buying: Millennials shake 'just renting' perception
- Seattle rents on the rise, rank 8th in nation
- Seattle homes flying off market in record time
- Man convicted in plot to sell deadly ricin as 'death pills'
- Frank E. Petersen Jr., first black Marine aviator, dies
- Student charged in university threats, will be evaluated
- Walrus leave ice, come ashore on Alaska's northwest coast
- Million gallons of wastewater closes another beach in Hawaii
- Californians cut water without state imposing fines
- Events mark Emmett Till slaying 60 years later
- 4 killed in Dominica as Tropical Storm Erika hits island
- Venezuela crackdown stuns once-welcomed Colombian migrants
- UN calls for panel to identify Syria chemical weapons users
- Mexico replaces security chief and foreign relations head
- Dead migrants found in abandoned truck near Austrian capital
- US strikes southern Afghan district seized by Taliban
- Greece appoints 1st female prime minister ahead of snap poll
- Trump proposals risk deepening GOP rift on immigration
- The US economy's second quarter went from solid to stellar
- Black Lives Matter boos Washington mayor's anti-crime plans
- Clinton likens GOP's views on women to those of terrorists
- Obama calls on Congress to pass budget without drama
- Democratic Party lags in money before presidential year
- FDA lays out proposal for naming lower-cost biotech drugs
- 2 homeless pythons given to Vermont man headed to sanctuary
- New Jersey teacher who was late for work 111 times keeps job
- Police confront North Dakota students armed with telescope
- List limits booze sales for Illinois city's habitual drunks
- Man arrested after firing fake gun outside Tombstone saloon
- Pair found asleep in garage after homeowner reports burglary
- Texas couple rushes marriage vows to beat the stork