Seattle Mayor Ed Murray, along with City Council member Mike O'Brien, has rolled out what some are hailing as the "Grand Bargain" between affordable housing advocates and real estate developers.
Tacoma is crafting a new program that would place firearm drop boxes in neighborhoods with the aim to encourage people to turn in guns.
Marshawn Lynch went on a home shopping channel to sell packs of Skittles.
NEW Tom and Curley Show, KIRO RadioSeattle's tech workers get rental discounts after driving rates up
Is is legal or fair for employees of certain tech companies to receive rental deals? Tom and Curley debate the fairness of the new tactic used by some landlords.
Jason Rantz Show, KIRO RadioGrocery employee punished for protecting himself on Capitol Hill
Mathew Chandler says drunks and drug users frequent the grocery store he works at almost daily. He says he was punished for trying to protect himself at work.
MyNorthwestVery few taking advantage of Seattle car tab rebate
Almost three months into a car tab rebate program and things aren't going quite as the City of Seattle planned.
MyNorthwest4.3 earthquake near Grand Coulee Dam
A 4.3 magnitude earthquake rattled an area about 21 miles north of the Grand Coulee Dam on Tuesday morning.
KIRO RadioVictims' attorney: 'Someone must have known something was wrong'
Families of the Marysville Pilchuck High School shooting victims are banding together, trying to determine if the tragic attack could have been prevented.
Associated PressPolice in Illinois hunt for 3 suspects after officer killed
Police were conducting a massive manhunt in northern Illinois Tuesday after an officer was shot and killed while pursuing a group of suspicious men.
MyNorthwestStudy says Seattle drivers are some of the worst
In yet another study about our habits on the roads, Seattle drivers rank a measly 184th out of 200 U.S. cities.
ChokepointsHow to drive on the new Bothell Braid
One of the last remaining obstacles ahead of the Express Toll Lanes on I-405 is complete. The Bothell Braid means no more weaving on the freeway.
710 ESPN SeattleReport: Seahawks expected to sign RB Fred Jackson
The Seahawks' running back mix could be getting a little more crowded and a whole lot older with a report that Fred Jackson is expected to sign with the team.
Ron and Don Show, KIRO RadioRon Upshaw: McKinley's name change might be part of a bigger plan
President Barack Obama may just be starting on a campaign to rename federally recognized places.
Tom and Curley, KIRO RadioWhy are so many people from King County moving to California?
Tom and Curley argue that the tech industry is at the heart of why California and King County exchange nearly the same number of residents each year.
MyNorthwestMcKenna: How a comedian gets away with raising money for his own church
A TV personality and comedian is highlighting the gray area between churches and the IRS. Former state attorney general Rob McKenna weighs in on a difficult line to cross.
GeekWireAmazon to let Prime members download movies, shows to iOS and Android
Amazon is letting iOS and Android users download select movies and TV shows from its Prime Instant Video service.
MyNorthwestThousands remain without power four days after deadly Northwest windstorm
The region recovers after a windstorm ripped through the Puget Sound, killing two, and knocking out power to thousands.
Dave Ross, KIRO RadioRoss: LA police attempt to improve relations with body cams
The Los Angeles police department will issue 7,000 body cams, making it the largest department in the nation to use them. But that's not all they are doing.
Rachel Belle, KIRO RadioThe magical mysteries of breast milk and breast feeding, revealed
How a simple article about the basics of breast milk quickly became The Stranger's most-read online article.
MyNorthwestMan, 20, shot in Seattle's Pioneer Square neighborhood
A 20-year-old man was shot in Seattle's Pioneer Square neighborhood Monday evening, according to police.
- Earl Thomas won't play in preseason finale but appears 'ready to go' for opener
- Video: Pete Carroll says now is the time players can make names for themselves
- Video: Tom Cable says this might be the best group he's worked with
- Lemuel Jeanpierre released as Seahawks trim roster ahead of deadline
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood to Carolina for 2017 draft pick
- Dallas Keuchel's solid start helps Astros over Mariners 8-3
- Did ESPN.com take a cheap shot at Seahawks rookie Frank Clark?
- Fact Check: Is Mount McKinley's name change part of a 'bigger plan?'
- LA police attempt to improve relations with body cams
- Grocery employee punished for protecting himself on Capitol Hill
- The magical mysteries of breast milk, revealed
- Ron Upshaw: McKinley's name change might be part of a bigger plan
- WSU students may fail classes for saying 'illegal immigrant'
- Congressman Reichert outraged over potential release of murderer
- Seattle mayor rolls out 'grand' affordable housing plan
- Very few taking advantage of Seattle car tab rebate
- Favorable weather conditions help Washington firefighters
- Family, doctor say injured firefighter making slow progress
- Sen. Hatfield leaves Senate for Department of Commerce
- Franchises want more time to pay Seattle $15 minimum wage
- 4 living units at Walla Walla Penitentiary on lockdown
Older and single make up greater first-time buyer group
The average first-time homebuyer is about 33 with a median income near $54,340,
- Poor credit brings higher insurance rates, study reveals
- Owners who lost homes set for strong return
- Buy a vacation rental with a self-directed IRA
- No personal use: Investor eyes high-end vacation rental
- 'Prices rising just too fast' - Realtor economist
- Big on buying: Millennials shake 'just renting' perception
- Seattle rents on the rise, rank 8th in nation
- The Latest: GOP nominee for governor says he supports clerk
- Covered wagon overturns, snarls traffic on Arkansas highway
- Hiker lost 9 days in forest says she regrets leaving group
- Georgia parole board releases transgender inmate who sued
- McDonald's will launch all day breakfast on Oct. 6
- Union: Fiat says Jeep Wrangler staying in Ohio, not Cherokee
- Home detention for white police chief who shot black man
- Guinea arrests ex-wildlife director for alleged trafficking
- Toronto mayor vows to hold Trump tower accountable
- Guatemala lawmakers escorted into Congress amid crisis
- Charges sought against Brazil's former chief-of-staff
- Nigeria to deploy drones to curb oil theft
- Israel asks UN to reject Palestinian attempt to raise flag
- Pope: Priests in Holy Year can absolve 'sin of abortion'
- Ben Carson campaign reaping cash as he rises in GOP polls
- CNN amends debate criteria, Fiorina may get in
- Senate leader: Not enough votes to defund Planned Parenthood
- Report says ending ban wouldn't hurt consumers at pump
- Marco Rubio says nation doesn't need US Education Department
- US demands release of Christian lawyer detained in China
- Carter, in folksy talks, describes US military of future
- 3,000 Philly Naked Bike Riders photo-bomb wedding shoot
- Las Vegas' new ad campaign pushes 'sexy' watering habits
- Senator with son named McKinley decries mountain name change
- NY court refuses to hear appeals in chimp personhood case
- Southern New Jersey man digs up live cannonball in backyard
- $20 found in San Francisco leads to $1 million lottery win
- No bones about it: Dog mayor plans to run for president