Jacques Cousteau's Calypso been called one of the most famous of her kind in the world, yet almost nobody remembers that she was born in Seattle.
Seattle's growing homeless problem won't be solved by adding more tent cities, as currently proposed at city hall.
Eleven years after the Athens Olympics, Greece is slipping back into the Third World.
NEW MyNorthwestBudget breaks down in Olympia with surprise Democratic dissent
Sen. Baumgartner says Democratic senators went back on their word and argued among their own party Wednesday morning, throwing a wrench in the state's budget.
NEW Dori Monson Show, KIRO RadioDori: Burn your houses down if you want, just not mine
Dori Monson says he's not pretending for a second that a ban will end all fireworks, but is just asking people to consider the dry conditions.
MyNorthwestLarge site in Central Seattle is 'ripe' for the market
One of the largest sites in Central Seattle is hitting the market and could sell for a pretty penny.
NEW MyNorthwestFuel, lumber spill onto I-5 near Federal Way after two semi trucks collide
A semi collision has thrown fuel and lumber onto I-5 near Federal Way, blocking two right lanes.
KIRO RadioWill Amazon's new book policy force authors to write porn?
Starting July 1 Amazon will pay authors - in its Kindle Library - by the number of pages read and not the number of times a book is checked out.
Rachel Belle, KIRO RadioEdith Macefield's famous Ballard home could be demolished soon
The saga of Edith Macefield's 115 year old home continues as its latest owners find it is too expensive to get up to code. Now, it may be donated or demolished.
Jason Rantz, KIRO RadioRantz: Don't turn on Russell Wilson over contract negotiations
Jason Rantz hears the 12th Man is starting to turn on Russell Wilson, once thought of as untouchable, because he's asking to be paid what he's worth.
Associated PressWildfire forces evacuations near Quincy in Grant County
Officials say a wildfire has forced some rural residents near Quincy, Washington, to flee their homes.
Associated PressLegislature passes $16.1 billion transportation package
The Legislature has passed a $16.1 billion transportation revenue package that includes an incremental 11.9-cent gas tax increase over the next two years.
MyNorthwestTwo men sought in connection with I-5 brush fires near Marysville
State troopers are looking for two men who they believe are responsible for multiple fires along I-5 near Marysville.
Dori Monson Show, KIRO Radio'It literally is one of the worst things you can think of'
Fires in Central Washington are becoming the norm, a Wenatchee resident tells KIRO Radio's Dori Monson.
Tom and Curley Show, KIRO RadioTom&Curley: Are Seattle police resisting a change in culture?
Seattle's police chief says her department is 'addressing decades of institutional culture,' but KIRO Radio's Tom and Curley say it appears cultures are clashing.
Jason Rantz Show, KIRO RadioCurley: In the future, Seattle may resemble Ketchum, Idaho
Urban cycling can be a dangerous game, but it may be the cyclists themselves making it such a harrowing venture.
MyNorthwestSuperintendent: Legislature still in contempt of court
Washington State Superintendent Randy Dorn argues that despite a budget being completed, it falls short of the state's education responsibilities.
710 ESPN SeattleRussell Wilson: Whether $25M or $1.5M, 'I'll be ready to go'
Russell Wilson avoided saying anything of any great significance in an ESPN interview with the possibly of one exception, a mention of a $25-million-per-year salary.
- Mariners notebook: Taijuan Walker, Mike Montgomery look to cap off stellar month
- Lynch talks about Super Bowl ending, dives into Skittles and more on 'Conan'
- Mariners running out of time to turn around their confounding season
- Wilson's contract standoff with the Seahawks shouldn't be taken personally
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson mentions $25M during ESPN interview
- US heads to World Cup final with 2-0 win over Germany
- How much blame belongs to Mariners hitters for offense's lack of efficiency?
- From the Olympics to bankruptcy
- Don't turn on Russell Wilson over contract negotiations
- Edith Macefield's Ballard home could be demolished
- Will Amazon's new book policy force all authors to write porn?
- Seattle can't cure its homeless issue with tent cities
- Wanna getaway? Creative options for vacation rental
- Censoring great art: Foolish and fascistic
- Jacques Cousteau's Calypso and her Seattle roots
- Fuel and lumber spill onto I-5 near Federal Way after two semi trucks collide
- 12-year-old burned by fireworks near Auburn stand
- Man gets 15 years for stabbing ex-girlfriend
- Columbia River water temperature is hottest since 1950
- New wildfire burns buildings, forces residents to flee
- Alaska Airlines flights connect Oklahoma City, Seattle
Wanna getaway? Creative options for vacation rental
Buyers often need renters to help offset their costs particularly in the first few years of ownership.
- Three mistakes first-time homebuyers make
- Change in scenery: New quiz helps to decide if it's time to move
- Windermere economist foresees no housing bubble
- Survey reveals buyers overestimate mortgage requirements
- Report predicts power shift from homeowners to renters
- Breaking even: What it takes to cash-flow a getaway
- Tired of losing bidding wars, buyer offers pizza for life
- Federal judge: Alabama counties must allow gay marriage
- Congregants, protesters gather at Indiana Church of Cannabis
- Mom accused of contaminating son's IV gets 6 years in prison
- Maryland governor says he's 'doing great' on day 5 of chemo
- Dolphin leaps onto boat, injuring California woman
- Trial resumes: Maryland farmer accused of starving livestock
- Tennessee store owner replaces 'No Gays Allowed' sign
- The Latest: Banner against austerity in Athens taken down
- Pension pinch: Elderly Greeks stand on line to get cash
- Nicholas Winton, savior of Jewish children, dies at 106
- The Latest: Egypt's Cabinet approves draft anti-terror law
- Lions returned to Rwanda 15 years after population wiped out
- Mexican judge releases son of Jalisco cartel leader
- UN declares highest-level humanitarian emergency in Yemen
- The Latest: US, Cuba to open embassies, restore ties
- Survey: US political and generation gaps on science issues
- Photos, social media now allowed on White House tours
- APNewsBreak: Pentagon to recommend Neller as Marine chief
- Clinton set to raise $45M in gifts both small _ and large
- Redskins' name hinders DC's efforts for stadium site lease
- Obama: US embassy in Havana marks 'new chapter' in Cuba ties
- Dolphin leaps onto boat, injuring California woman
- Woman's parking citation tossed because of missing comma
- Pennsylvania track to start races earlier to avoid deer
- For sale: Former prison with mountain view, sleeps hundreds
- Man jailed for not paying $749 fare for 300-mile cab ride
- Maine woman pleads guilty to stealing wreaths from cemetery
- Deformed mutt is crowned World's Ugliest Dog