Video & Recipe: Big T's killer crockpot lasagne!April 10, 2012 @ 1:21 pm (Updated: 7:10 am - 4/12/12 )
You've been begging. You've been pleading! Now, you too can make lasagne in your crockpot. And, if you follow the steps of wise and wonderful news anchor Tony Miner, it might turn out JUST AS DELICIOUS.
1 lb hamburger
1 lb Italian link sausage
2-24oz jars of Classico Spicy Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
1 small jar Kalamata Olives in Cabernet Wine (or black olives)
1 small onion
16 oz ricotta cheese
2 lb block mozzarella cheese
1 lb package lasagna noodles (probably won't use all)
1. saute sausage, slice into thin pieces.
2. brown hamburger with diced onion
3. combine sauce with sausage/burger/sliced olives and simmer for 20- 30 minutes
4. mix ricotta with the egg
5. slice mozzarella into medium thin pieces
6. cook noodles for a few minutes until they're just pliable-don't over cook!
7. layer crockpot in this order: sauce-noodles-ricotta/egg-mozzarella, then repeat-liberally overlapping noodles
8. leave yourself a quarter inch or so of room at the top, as it may expand a little while cooking
9. cook on low for 6-8 hrs, and enjoy!
Bonneville Media encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comments can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior. We encourage your thoughtful comments which: have a positive and constructive tone, are on topic, are respectful toward others and their opinions. Bonneville reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.