Kentwood High School closed after threat of 'bloodshed'on March 29, 2013 @ 10:29 am (Updated: 1:35 pm - 3/29/13 )
Kentwood High School closed early on Friday after an email threat against students and staff.
The King County Sheriff's Office said a former student hacked into another former student's email account and sent the message, which threatened a "hostage take-over and a bloodbath."
A bomb squad and K-9 unit were called to the school to investigate, although Sgt. Cindi West said officials do not believe the threat was credible.
A spokesperson for the Kent School District told KIRO Radio there was enough "specificity" in the threat to prompt the district to dismiss students. All afternoon and evening activities were canceled.
So Far, So Good
Drivers heed the warning; short backups on I-90 at construction zone
President Obama's fundraising visit is expected to snarl Tuesday's traffic
Keeping Their Edge
The Seahawks want to prove they haven't lost their edge
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.