Doorman beaten at Westlake files claim against Seattleon October 15, 2013 @ 9:25 pm (Updated: 9:51 pm - 10/15/13 )
A Seattle man is seeking $450,000 from Mayor Mike McGinn and the City of Seattle for a beating he received at the hands of a group of teens in Westlake Park in July.
According to The Seattle Times, an attorney for doorman Joseph Crudo filed a tort claim last week alleging the city and mayor's office were negligent in protecting the public from known dangers.
Crudo, 26, claims he warned the city about Westlake Park two weeks before he was beaten.
A 13-year-old boy was charged last week with first-degree robbery in connection with the July attack.
Crudo suffered a broken arm and nose, a concussion, and a knee injury in the attack.
The City Attorney's Office says it does not comment on pending litigation.
The city has 60 days to respond before a civil suit can be filed.
Apathy On Mercer
Jason Rantz says SDOT's unequal treatments of cars will end up severely hurting Seattle
Pot is legal, but online poker is still a felony; one Washington man is working to change that
10 of the best dressed Seattle Seahawks show off their stuff
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.