Starbucks sued over spilled green teaon September 4, 2012 @ 4:38 am (Updated: 10:04 am - 9/4/12 )
Christina Sturgess was pulling out of a Starbucks drive-thru in 2009 when she went for her first sip of her Venti green tea. The lid came off, and she was scalded. Her skin blistered, and she suffered second degree burns.
Her lawsuit claims the barista failed to properly secure the lid, and it claims Starbucks knew it had issues with its lids but did nothing about it. It cites other similar lid issues around the country.
The Seattlepi.com reports Sturgess is asking a King County court for unspecified damages to cover medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering.
Starbucks has yet to respond in court, though a spokesman is confident the green tea was made to industry standards.
Daredevils post breathtaking pictures atop Seattle landmarks
Escape cold Seattle; go skiing at Crystal Mountain
Director Jeremy Scahill says Obama hasn't been fighting a clean war
Bonneville Media encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comments can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior. We encourage your thoughtful comments which: have a positive and constructive tone, are on topic, are respectful toward others and their opinions. Bonneville reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.