Ross: Trump gets woke after a visit from Kayne West
Kanye West pulled off something that just doesn’t happen to President Donald Trump. He upstaged him — right there in the oval office.
And I’m not saying he was trolling, but look at what he said:
- He called for the release of convicted gang leader Larry Hoover – arguing he could bring order to the streets.
- He talked about prison reform.
- He talked about putting more mental health and art programs in schools.
- He criticized Stop & Frisk policies in Chicago.
- He urged the president to take the word “again” out of his motto, because the old America was not that great for black people.
- He even hinted at reparations for slavery, saying black people need ownership.
“When you don’t have ownership, then it’s all about how something looks,” Kayne said. “So we focus more on ‘Is somebody wearing something; did someone disrespect me so I got to shoot ’em.'”
And then he suggested Trump make peace with Colin Kaepernick and stop obsessing on fusty old traditions.
“I would love to see, at the Super Bowl, Trump wearing the ‘Make America Great’ hat, Colin wearing a ‘Make America Great’ hat. And showing that we don’t have to stick to old traditions … We are one unit. We are one country.”
And the law and order president loved it.
Some people saw crazy. I saw a guy who could end up on the other side of that desk.