Mont. man learns lessons after dog dines on $500April 11, 2013 @ 3:08 pm
HELENA, Mont. (AP) - The Montana man whose dog ate $500 says he's going to find a better place to stash his cash when he travels.
Wayne Klinkel tells the Independent Record ( http://bit.ly/16TPFGC) he doesn't carry a wallet on his chiropractor's advice.
Sundance, his 12-year-old golden retriever, ate the bills during a visit the Klinkels' daughter in Denver last Christmas.
Sundance was left alone in the car with five $100 bills and a $1 bill when they stopped for dinner.
The dog dined on the $100 bills, but left the dollar.
Klinkel says he collected fragments from the dog's droppings. His daughter found more when the snow melted.
He says he washed the remnants of the bills and sent them taped together to the Treasury Department in hopes of having them replaced.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
The Seahawks have released the 2014 regular-season schedule
Save the Buses?
A group is gathering signatures to save transit, but Michael Medved has another solution
21 and Over
If 21 is the legal age for alcohol and marijuana, why not cigarettes?
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.