Wiring caused fire at Pa. warehouse holding propsDecember 11, 2012 @ 2:34 pm
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Faulty wiring is being blamed for a fire at a Philadelphia warehouse where a string band stores its props for the city's annual Mardi Gras-like New Year's Day parade.
Fire department Commissioner Lloyd Ayers says Monday's blaze at the south Philadelphia warehouse was caused by permanent wiring and originated near the back of an auto shop at the site. One person was hospitalized.
Members of the Fralinger (FRAY'-lin-jer) String Band said Tuesday they found their props wet but undamaged. Fralinger is one of many clubs that participate in the Mummers Parade each Jan. 1. The band says it will definitely still participate in this year's parade.
The parade features thousands of performers wearing elaborate costumes and often is described as Philadelphia's Mardi Gras.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Amazon has new plans for huge biospheres on its new campus
Microsoft calls its new Xbox 'truly intelligent TV'
Seattle's Skillet Street Food and its creator are growing way beyond the Airstream
Bonneville Media encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comments can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior. We encourage your thoughtful comments which: have a positive and constructive tone, are on topic, are respectful toward others and their opinions. Bonneville reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.