Kansas baby who swallowed feather out of hospitalDecember 13, 2012 @ 8:40 am
HUTCHINSON, Kan. (AP) - The father of a baby who apparently swallowed a feather from a pillow says she is home from the hospital in Kansas and doing well.
The nearly 7-month-old girl, Mya Whittington, was hospitalized during the weekend while doctors tried to determine why her jaw swelled. Eventually, a doctor pulled a 2-inch feather out of her neck.
The girl's father, Aaron Whittington, told the Hutchinson News ( http://bit.ly/UFSP9M) on Wednesday that the baby was home from the hospital. Doctors decided not to treat an area on her neck that has a hard knot in it. They say the area will heal on its own.
The child has become something of a media star. Aaron Whittington says the family has received numerous requests for interviews to discuss his daughter's unusual medical drama.
Information from: The Hutchinson (Kan.) News, http://www.hutchnews.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
James Gandolfini, the actor famous for "The Sopranos", has died suddenly in Italy
More to the Story
Liberace's ex-lover says the world will hear more of his story, and Michael Jackson's in there
A Skeptic's Doubts
An ESPN columnist doubts Russell Wilson will ever be elite
Bonneville Media encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comments can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior. We encourage your thoughtful comments which: have a positive and constructive tone, are on topic, are respectful toward others and their opinions. Bonneville reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.