Conn. lawyer withdraws $100M lawsuit over massacreJanuary 1, 2013 @ 9:08 am
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - A Connecticut attorney seeking to sue the state for $100 million on behalf of a 6-year-old survivor of the Newtown school massacre has withdrawn the claim _ at least for now.
The Stamford Advocate reports ( http://bit.ly/U4Jfni) that Irving Pinsky withdrew the lawsuit but says he might refile. He says he received new evidence on security at Sandy Hook Elementary School and is reviewing it.
Pinsky last week asked to sue the state, saying his client suffered "emotional and psychological trauma and injury" during the shooting rampage that killed 20 children and six adults. He says state officials failed to prevent his client from foreseeable harm.
The state attorney general said Monday there appears to be no basis to support the suit or the state's liability.
Information from: The Advocate, http://www.stamfordadvocate.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Amazon has new plans for huge biospheres on its new campus
Microsoft calls its new Xbox 'truly intelligent TV'
Seattle's Skillet Street Food and its creator are growing way beyond the Airstream
Bonneville Media encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comments can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior. We encourage your thoughtful comments which: have a positive and constructive tone, are on topic, are respectful toward others and their opinions. Bonneville reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.