Deputies: Md. girl, 3, pinned by garage door, diesApril 5, 2013 @ 8:47 pm
WALDORF, Md. (AP) - A 3-year-old girl has died after being pinned under an automatic garage door at a home in eastern Maryland.
Charles County sheriff's spokeswoman Diane Richardson tells The Washington Post ( http://wapo.st/ZEObLE) that the girl slipped out of the house and into the garage just before 4 p.m. Friday.
Authorities believe she may have pushed the garage door's control button and tried to run out of the garage. Richardson said the door apparently struck the girl's back and pinned her.
An adult in the house heard the door and checked within minutes. A preliminary investigation indicates the girl may have died of asphyxiation. An autopsy is scheduled. Walforf is located about 30 miles southeast of Washington, D.C., on the east side of the Potomac River.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
The Seahawks have released the 2014 regular-season schedule
Save the Buses?
A group is gathering signatures to save transit, but Michael Medved has another solution
21 and Over
If 21 is the legal age for alcohol and marijuana, why not cigarettes?
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.