Boston Marathon suspect's condition improvesApril 23, 2013 @ 9:58 am
BOSTON (AP) - Federal officials say the Boston Marathon bombing suspect's medical condition has improved.
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (joh-KHAHR' tsahr-NEYE'-ehv) had been listed in serious condition at a Boston hospital since he was captured Friday. On Tuesday, the U.S. attorney's office said his condition had been upgraded to fair.
The 19-year-old was wounded in a shootout with police and suffered gunshot wounds in the head, neck, legs and hand.
Tsarnaev was charged Monday in the twin bombings that killed three people and wounded more than 260. His older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, was killed during the shootout.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Have a Seat
Crystal Mountain says it'll auction off chairs destroyed in a massive avalanche
New radar data shows a Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777 changed course before disappearing
Seattle's most famous gardener gives you the green light
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.