Manhunt dad offers plea to assault, battery chargeOctober 15, 2013 @ 9:49 am
PETOSKEY, Mich. (AP) - A Detroit-area man whose late-summer trip to a national park in northern Lower Michigan with his children sparked a 12-hour manhunt has pleaded to assault and battery.
Emmet County District Court Administrator Lisa Smith says Daniel Elliott offered a no contest plea Monday to the misdemeanor charge. The 50-year-old Orchard Lake resident's no contest plea isn't an admission of guilt but will be treated that way at sentencing.
He had been charged with misdemeanor domestic violence.
Police say Elliott and his wife had a physical confrontation during an August visit to Petoskey. He then took his three children to Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, where they spent the night and later were found after the lengthy search.
According to Smith, no sentencing date has been sent.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Jason Rantz says I-594 cites a bad example for gun control
Healing in Oso
Oso fire chief remembers deadly mudslide on 6-month anniversary
The Seahawks have the NFL's single biggest difference maker
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.