Man who made bomb threat sent to NC hospitalNovember 26, 2013 @ 9:11 am
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A man who made a hoax bomb threat at Jacksonville International Airport in Florida is being taken to a federal medical facility because of concerns about his mental and physical health.
U.S. Magistrate Judge James Klindt said Tuesday that pressing health concerns led authorities to send 39-year-old Zeljko Causevic to the Federal Medical Center in Butner, N.C.
He was originally scheduled to be sent there after Christmas. Earlier this month, Klindt ruled that Causevic was incompetent to stand trial.
Causevic has been jailed since Oct. 1, when he was arrested on charges that he falsely told a security screener there was a bomb in his backpack.
The airport was closed for five hours, cancelling dozens of flights and leaving passengers stranded overnight.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
A Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 has disappeared with 239 aboard
This Week in Traffic
You've survived another week of some of the nation's worst traffic - see the photos
13 things to know about the Sounders, and their fans, as they kick off the season Saturday
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.