Fla. family falls ill after eating meat with LSDMarch 7, 2014 @ 4:40 pm (Updated: 4:50 pm - 3/7/14 )
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Florida woman who was 9 months pregnant and her family became ill after eating meat tainted with LSD.
Tampa police say doctors induced labor and the woman had a healthy baby boy. The entire family was eventually released from the hospital in good condition.
Tampa police say the family of four ate the tainted meat Monday. The Hillsborough County Medical Examiner's Office reported Friday that the meat had been contaminated with the hallucinogenic drug.
Police say the bottom round steak was purchased from a Wal-Mart in Tampa. The store has turned over all its meat to police for testing.
Local police, along with county health officials and state and federal agriculture officials, are investigating how the drug got into the meat.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Community In Shock
2 dead, 4 students struggling to survive after Marysville-Pilchuck High School shooting
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.