Tsarnaevs' father puts off plans to travel to USMay 1, 2013 @ 7:00 am
MAKHACHKALA, Russia (AP) - The father of the Boston bombing suspects says he has indefinitely put off returning to the U.S. because he is too sick to make the trip from Russia.
Anzor Tsarnaev announced plans last week to travel to the U.S. in the hope of seeing his jailed younger son and burying his elder one.
But the 46-year-old Tsarnaev told The Associated Press on Wednesday that those plans are off, saying he is suffering from bad headaches and high blood pressure. He said he still hopes to go when he is feeling better.
Speaking by cell phone, Tsarnaev refused to say where he was. He said he remains on Russian territory, but is no longer in the southern province of Dagestan, where he had been living, or in neighboring Chechnya.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Maybe for the first time ever, Dori Monson proposes a tax
Hiring a Felon
Who was going to house and hire Renata Abramson, a felon looking for a second chance?
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.