Libya: We'll allow quizzing of Lockerbie suspectDecember 17, 2013 @ 2:39 pm
LONDON (AP) - Libyan Justice Minister Salah Margani says his government will allow U.S. and British investigators to question Abdullah al-Senoussi, Gadhafi's notorious spymaster, over the Lockerbie bombing.
The former intelligence chief is accused of complicity in the 1988 bombing of a Pan Am airliner over Lockerbie, Scotland, in which 270 people died.
Libyan intelligence officer Abdelbaset al-Megrahi, who died last year, is the only person convicted in the attack, but many questions surrounding the bombing, who ordered it, and how it was carried out remain unanswered. If Libya were responsible for the atrocity, al-Senoussi could be a critical source of information.
Margani told Britain's ITV News on Tuesday that it was "the intention" to allow investigators to question al-Senoussi.
Britain's Foreign Office said it could offer no comment until Wednesday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
A fundraiser is born to move Councilmember Kshama Sawant to a Socialist country
Jason Rantz pokes holes in driver's discrimination claim against Uber
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.