4 in Spokane Valley treated for carbon monoxideNovember 29, 2012 @ 6:28 pm
SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) - Spokane Valley firefighters say they sent three adults and an infant to hospitals for treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning.
The fire department says crews had responded to a medical call at a home and were treating a 21-year-old woman Thursday morning when their carbon monoxide monitors sounded an alarm.
A local utility was investigating the source of the gas.
The condition of the four people was not known.
Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas that can cause sudden illness and even death. It is found in combustion fumes. Common symptoms of poisoning include headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea and confusion.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Daredevils post breathtaking pictures atop Seattle landmarks
Escape cold Seattle; go skiing at Crystal Mountain
Director Jeremy Scahill says Obama hasn't been fighting a clean war
Bonneville Media encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comments can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior. We encourage your thoughtful comments which: have a positive and constructive tone, are on topic, are respectful toward others and their opinions. Bonneville reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.