3 in Spokane treated for carbon monoxide poisoningDecember 4, 2012 @ 9:22 pm
SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) - A technician and two homeowners were taken to a Spokane hospital after suffering apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.
Firefighters responded Tuesday afternoon to a home in the Spokane suburb of Mead where a technician working on a gas-fired water heater was found unconscious.
KXLY-TV reports ( http://is.gd/RldE1J) that the first firefighter put on his oxygen mask before entering the home and found extremely high carbon monoxide readings.
After the technician was sent to the hospital, the homeowners complained of flu-like symptoms, which can also indicate carbon monoxide poisoning. They were sent to the hospital as well.
Investigators were trying to determine the source of the colorless, odorless gas that can cause sudden illness and even death.
Information from: KXLY-TV, http://www.kxly.com/
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
James Gandolfini, the actor famous for "The Sopranos", has died suddenly in Italy
More to the Story
Liberace's ex-lover says the world will hear more of his story, and Michael Jackson's in there
A Skeptic's Doubts
An ESPN columnist doubts Russell Wilson will ever be elite
Bonneville Media encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comments can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior. We encourage your thoughtful comments which: have a positive and constructive tone, are on topic, are respectful toward others and their opinions. Bonneville reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.