Company denies wrongdoing in Oregon bus crashFebruary 28, 2013 @ 12:01 pm
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - A Canadian tour company has again denied wrongdoing in the bus crash that killed nine passengers and injured almost 40 late last year in Eastern Oregon.
The Seattle Times reports ( http://bit.ly/Vcdtoa) that Mi Joo Tour & Travel said in response to a lawsuit that the driver did not drive too fast for the icy conditions and did not exceed federal limits for hours worked in an eight-day span. A company lawyer previously said black ice caused the Dec. 30 crash on Interstate 84 east of Pendleton.
Wednesday's denial was in response to a lawsuit filed in Washington on behalf of a seriously injured passenger. Several other injured passengers have also sued the company.
Oregon State Police investigators have yet to say what caused the crash.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Bonneville Media encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comments can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior. We encourage your thoughtful comments which: have a positive and constructive tone, are on topic, are respectful toward others and their opinions. Bonneville reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.