Oily rags start fire at Kent homeFebruary 8, 2013 @ 8:11 am
KENT, Wash. (AP) - The fire department says rags soaked in linseed oil self-combusted to start a fire early Friday morning in Kent.
The fire was reported by a neighbor, and six adults got out of the burning home safely.
Linseed oil is used in wood finishing. The drying oil can produce enough heat in rags to ignite.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Washington state leaders hail vote to allow openly gay Boy Scouts
There's a Zone for That
Mapping out a plan for marijuana growers and sellers
Face The Music
Backup singers get the spotlight in highlight of SIFF music series
Bonneville Media encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comments can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior. We encourage your thoughtful comments which: have a positive and constructive tone, are on topic, are respectful toward others and their opinions. Bonneville reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.