Oily rags start fire at Kent homeFebruary 8, 2013 @ 8:11 am
KENT, Wash. (AP) - The fire department says rags soaked in linseed oil self-combusted to start a fire early Friday morning in Kent.
The fire was reported by a neighbor, and six adults got out of the burning home safely.
Linseed oil is used in wood finishing. The drying oil can produce enough heat in rags to ignite.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Council vs Columbus
Seattle will consider a resolution to change Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples' Day
Whatever it Takes
Ricardo Lockette takes playing time with the Seahawks over pride
How Bellevue will handle students who transfer from 'failing' schools
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.