Seattle family, firefighter treated after fireDecember 2, 2013 @ 7:41 am
SEATTLE (AP) - A mother, father and 8-year-old boy were treated at a hospital for minor smoke inhalation after a fire Monday morning at their home in the Greenwood neighborhood of Seattle.
The fire department says a firefighter also suffered a minor injury in the fire that was reported about 1:30 a.m.
The department says the fire was started by an overheated extension cord and caused about $450,000 damage.
Smoke detectors alerted the family to escape.
Information from: KIRO-TV, htthttp://www.kirotv.com/index.html
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
This Week in Traffic
You've survived another week of some of the nation's worst traffic - see the photos
It's the first time Washington gun owners could lose their rights without a felony conviction
13 things to know about the Sounders, and their fans, as they kick off the season Saturday
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.