Amanda Knox book, interview go on as plannedMarch 26, 2013 @ 3:44 pm
SEATTLE (AP) - Amanda Knox's memoir and interview with ABC's Diane Sawyer will go on as planned, despite an Italian court overturning her 2011 murder acquittal.
Italy's highest criminal court ordered a new trial for Knox and former Italian boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito on Tuesday, overturning their acquittals in the gruesome slaying of her British roommate, Meredith Kercher.
Spokesman David Ford says an ABC News Primetime Special scheduled to air April 30 is moving forward as planned. It will be the first in-depth interview Knox has given since returning to Seattle.
Knox also has a memoir, "Waiting to Be Heard," due out on the same day as her television interview. Based on pre-orders, the book's ranking on Amazon.com moved from just above 2,400 Tuesday morning to 470 Tuesday afternoon.
HarperCollins spokeswoman Tina Andreadis says the book plans have not changed.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
So Far, So Good
Drivers heed the warning; short backups on I-90 at construction zone
Keeping Their Edge
The Seahawks want to prove they haven't lost their edge
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.