State says no error in Boone death investigationAugust 13, 2013 @ 4:52 am
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services says there were no mistakes by state employees in the investigation of carbon monoxide deaths at a Boone motel.
The Charlotte Observer reported ( http://bit.ly/16MWcps) a state agency spokesman said the department's involvement in the investigation was limited to processing specimens in the lab.
The newspaper reported that fire officials did not test the Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza for carbon monoxide after the deaths of 73-year-old Daryle Jenkins and 72-year-old Shirley Mae Jenkins of Longview, Wash., In April.
Eleven-year-old Jeffrey Williams of Rock Hill, S.C., was found dead in the same room on June 8.
Officials took about six weeks to obtain toxicology tests results for the couple. State officials say there were not told the information was needed urgently.
Information from: The Charlotte Observer, http://www.charlotteobserver.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Ready for Snow
Getting to work may not have been a problem but getting home could be
The 49ers slipped by the Seahawks in a bare-knuckle brawl, reports Danny O'Neil
The Holiday Map
Find lights, Santa photos, tree farms & seasonal events with our holiday map
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.