2 injured in explosion at Wash. fair booth

MONROE, Wash. (AP) - A fire official says two people have been injured by a small explosion at an Evergreen State Fair vendor booth in Monroe, Wash.

The Monday afternoon explosion at a booth selling fireplaces and stoves sent one male booth worker to a hospital for treatment of injuries from flying glass. A female employee was treated on scene. The Daily Herald of Everett reports the injuries didn't appear to be life-threatening.

Monroe Assistant Fire Chief Steve Guptill says the explosion apparently occurred after a problem with lighting a gas stove.

The Snohomish County fire marshal's office is investigating.


(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Top Stories

  • A Free Lunch
    For our lawmakers, there is such a thing as a free lunch, and a free dinner, and free drinks

  • Oso Clean
    An army of volunteers is making sure mudslide searchers get to put on warm, dry clothes
ATTENTION COMMENTERS: We've changed our comments, but want to keep you in the conversation.
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus
Sign up for breaking news e-mail alerts from MyNorthwest.com
In the community
Do you know a student who stands out in the classroom, school and community?
Help make their dreams come true by nominating them for a $1,000 scholarship and a chance to earn a $10,000 Grand Prize. Brought to you by KIRO Radio and Comprehensive Wealth Management.

Do you know an exceptional citizen who has impacted and inspired others?
KIRO Radio and WSECU would like to recognize six oustanding citizens this year. Nominate them to be recognized and to receive a $2,000 charitable grant.