Dog blamed for Wenatchee fire

WENATCHEE, Wash. (AP) - Fire officials say a dog reaching for treats turned on a stove and caused a fire that caused some smoke damage to an apartment in Wenatchee.

Wenatchee Fire Marshal Mark Yaple tells KPQ it appears that the black Labrador was reaching for a bag of dog food left on a stove top when it turned the stove on with its paw.

Yaple says the residents were not at home when fire crews arrived.

He says emergency crews were able to revive the dog with mouth-to-snout resuscitation. Damage was estimated at $10,000.

___

Information from: KPQ-AM, http://www.kpq.com/


(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Top Stories

  • Who Pays?
    Maybe for the first time ever, Dori Monson proposes a tax

  • Hiring a Felon
    Who was going to house and hire Renata Abramson, a felon looking for a second chance?
ATTENTION COMMENTERS: We've changed our comments, but want to keep you in the conversation.
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus
Sign up for breaking news e-mail alerts from MyNorthwest.com
In the community
Do you know a student who stands out in the classroom, school and community?
Help make their dreams come true by nominating them for a $1,000 scholarship and a chance to earn a $10,000 Grand Prize. Brought to you by KIRO Radio and Comprehensive Wealth Management.

Do you know an exceptional citizen who has impacted and inspired others?
KIRO Radio and WSECU would like to recognize six oustanding citizens this year. Nominate them to be recognized and to receive a $2,000 charitable grant.