911 call over spilled milk leads to arrest

SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. (AP) -- Sheriff's deputies who responded to a recent Spokane Valley convenience store's call for help found a young man pouring a half gallon of milk over himself.

Deputy Mark Gregory says the clerk told the deputies the sweaty man entered the store and began yelling he had lead poisoning. After taking a soft drink from a cooler, he opened it and began to pour it on the counter and floor. While the clerk called 911, the man opened the milk container, drank some of it and started walking around the store, pouring the milk as he went.

The sheriff's spokesman says the 24-year-old man was booked into jail for investigation of methamphetamine possession, theft and malicious mischief.

Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


Top Stories

  • Jumped in to Help
    A new teacher confronted a gunman who opened fire at Marysville-Pilchuck High School

  • Week In Photos
    Great heights and breathtaking images from around the world this week
ATTENTION COMMENTERS: We've changed our comments, but want to keep you in the conversation.
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus
Sign up for breaking news e-mail alerts from MyNorthwest.com
In the community
Do you know an exceptional citizen who has impacted and inspired others?
KIRO Radio and WSECU would like to recognize six oustanding citizens this year. Nominate them to be recognized and to receive a $2,000 charitable grant.