Obama expects more provocations from North KoreaApril 16, 2013 @ 5:37 am
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama says he expects North Korea to make "more provocative moves" over the next several weeks.
However, he says his administration does not believe Pyongyang has the capacity to put a nuclear warhead on a ballistic missile. His says his conclusion is based on current intelligence estimates.
A report revealed last week showed that the Pentagon's Defense Intelligence Agency has "moderate confidence" that the North has the knowhow to deliver a nuclear weapon by ballistic missile.
Obama says he hopes the U.S. and international community can contain any further provocations from North Korea and move to resolve the nuclear dispute with the isolated nation through diplomacy.
The president spoke in an interview with NBC's "Today" that was aired Tuesday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Obama Visits Oso
President Obama says the whole country is thinking of the Oso mudslide victims
Suing The Seahawks
A Seahawks fan sues for $50 million over limiting playoff ticket sales
Scientists working to save Earth from approaching asteroids
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.