Updated Jan 3, 2013 - 3:08 pm
Redskins' Kyle Shanahan wants to be a head coach
ASHBURN, Va. (AP) - Offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan says he's "definitely" interested in exploring head coaching opportunities once Washington's season is over.
Shanahan could be a candidate for one or more of the seven NFL openings based on his successful season molding a creative offense around rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III.
Shanahan said Thursday he didn't know until he read it in the media that his father _ head coach Mike Shanahan _ declared that assistants shouldn't interview while the Redskins are still playing.
Kyle Shanahan would be hard to contact anyway _ he says he doesn't have an agent and hasn't answered his phone "in about six months."
But the 33-year-old says he'd like to be considered and is "looking forward to having that opportunity after the season."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- Seahawks give second-round tender to Doug Baldwin
- Reports: Michael Bennett to test free agency
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- Golden Tate states his case for a nice contract
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- ESPN's Kurkjian: Corey Hart 'crucial' for M's offense
- Notebook: Felix, Seager remember first time they faced
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- John Stearns puts Mariners first and steps down
- Walker plays catch, expects to throw again Friday
- More Seattle Mariners »