Updated Jan 3, 2013 - 3:08 pm
Redskins' Kyle Shanahan wants to be a head coach
ASHBURN, Va. (AP) - Offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan says he's "definitely" interested in exploring head coaching opportunities once Washington's season is over.
Shanahan could be a candidate for one or more of the seven NFL openings based on his successful season molding a creative offense around rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III.
Shanahan said Thursday he didn't know until he read it in the media that his father _ head coach Mike Shanahan _ declared that assistants shouldn't interview while the Redskins are still playing.
Kyle Shanahan would be hard to contact anyway _ he says he doesn't have an agent and hasn't answered his phone "in about six months."
But the 33-year-old says he'd like to be considered and is "looking forward to having that opportunity after the season."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- M's notebook: Walker scratched from Tacoma start
- Mariners add run on replay, beat Rangers 7-1
- M's notebook: Why not move Ackley up in lineup?
- M's Chris Young has put shoulder issues behind him
- Could beards be the reason fans aren't connecting to the Mariners?
- Mariners notebook: Disappointing weekend for offense
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Report: Seahawks' Lockette made 911 call
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Bruce Irvin
- Report: Woman transported from Kaepernick's hotel
- 49ers' Colin Kaepernick responds to reports of 'suspicious incident'
- Lakewood is celebrating Jermaine Kearse Day
- Hawk Talk: Wright and the Seahawks' LB precedent
- More Seattle Seahawks »