Updated Jan 3, 2013 - 3:08 pm
Redskins' Kyle Shanahan wants to be a head coach
ASHBURN, Va. (AP) - Offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan says he's "definitely" interested in exploring head coaching opportunities once Washington's season is over.
Shanahan could be a candidate for one or more of the seven NFL openings based on his successful season molding a creative offense around rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III.
Shanahan said Thursday he didn't know until he read it in the media that his father _ head coach Mike Shanahan _ declared that assistants shouldn't interview while the Redskins are still playing.
Kyle Shanahan would be hard to contact anyway _ he says he doesn't have an agent and hasn't answered his phone "in about six months."
But the 33-year-old says he'd like to be considered and is "looking forward to having that opportunity after the season."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- Paxton and Walker optimistic they will be cleared to throw this week
- M's coaches on changes needed if transfer rule stays
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Richard Sherman talks race with Harvard students
- Seahawks to open vs. Packers, play 49ers on Thanksgiving
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson files for divorce
- Marcus Trufant to retire as a Seahawk
- Baldwin hoping for long-term deal with Seahawks
- What do the Seahawks have planned for Pryor?
- More Seattle Seahawks »