Updated Nov 30, 2013 - 3:04 pm
Harvin doubtful to play against Saints
RENTON, Wash. (AP) - Percy Harvin is listed as doubtful to play Monday night for Seattle against the New Orleans Saints because of lingering soreness in his surgically repaired hip.
Harvin made his debut with the Seahawks two weeks ago against the Minnesota Vikings and appeared in 21 total plays, 19 offensive snaps and two plays on special teams. Harvin made one catch for 17 yards and returned a kickoff 58 yards in his only two touches in the game.
Coach Pete Carroll expected Harvin to be fully integrated into the offense coming out of their bye, but Harvin was unable to practice during the week.
"We thought that (the soreness) would go with a week break and all of that, but it just lasted a little longer than we thought, and if anything at all is not right we're not going with him," Carroll said. "We're going to make sure he's 100 percent before we go."
Harvin's hip remains sore and hasn't responded the way the Seahawks expected coming out of the game. Carroll said they don't see any structural issues with the hip.
"He's just sore and so we don't want to push beyond that right now. It's not worth it," Carroll said.
The Seahawks acquired Harvin in a trade with the Vikings in March and gave him a new five-year contract. He was limited in offseason work due to soreness in his hip that prompted surgery on Aug. 1. He missed the first 10 games of the season while on the physically unable to perform list before being activated two weeks ago.
Notes: Carroll said he expected to hear more from the league on CB Brandon Browner's status by the middle of next week. Browner is reportedly facing a suspension for a violation of the league's substance-abuse policy. Browner's appeal was heard by the league on Wednesday. He is out for Monday night's game with a groin injury. ... RB Marshawn Lynch (knee) and WR Jermaine Kearse (concussion) are probable.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Danny O'Neil
Giants game will be prime opportunity for Seahawks
- Jim Moore
Rooting against Huskies' Petersen won't be easy
- Bob and Groz
Willson showing why the Seahawks wanted him
- Seahawks notebook: Percy Harvin sits out again
- Giants game will be a prime opportunity for Seahawks
- Seahawks fans outraged by depiction in Dr. Dre commercial
- Luke Willson showing why the Seahawks wanted him
- Hawk Talk: Live Seahawks chat with Danny O'Neil
- Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Seattle signs Hart, acquires Morrison
- Mariners agree to deal with Corey Hart, reportedly acquire Logan Morrison in trade
- Report paints an ugly picture of Mariners' front office
- Zduriencik addresses Wedge's comments, Cano's deal and other potential Mariners moves
- Mariners notes: In defense of Cano's contract
- Mariners notes, links from Day 1 of winter meetings
- More Seattle Mariners »