Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 12:38 pm
3rd suspect in Steelers stabbing is caught in Fla.
PITTSBURGH (AP) - Police say a third suspect in the stabbing of Pittsburgh Steelers offensive lineman Mike Adams has been captured in Florida.
Pittsburgh police spokeswoman Diane Richard says 26-year-old Jerrell Whitlock of Pittsburgh was arrested Friday morning in Gainesville in central Florida and is being held there.
Whitlock had been wanted on charges of attempted homicide, attempted robbery, aggravated assault and conspiracy for his alleged role in the June 1 attack on Adams. Two other men are already jailed on similar charges.
According to a criminal complaint, the men tried to rob Adams as he left a restaurant around 3 a.m. and tried to steal his vehicle.
Adams had surgery for stab wounds but the 6-foot-7 345-pound lineman expects to recover by training camp in July.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Christine Michael
- Sidney Rice agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- More Seattle Seahawks »