Updated Jan 17, 2014 - 3:23 pm
Saints safety Rafael Bush fined for Harvin hit
NEW YORK (AP) - New Orleans safety Rafael Bush was fined $21,000 by the NFL on Friday for his hit on Seattle's Percy Harvin during an NFC divisional-round game.
Harvin has a concussion and has been ruled out of Sunday's NFC championship game. The wide receiver did not practice all week and was not cleared through the league's concussion protocol.
Harvin was belted by Bush on Seattle's opening possession last Saturday, a hit that drew a 15-yard penalty. He left the game later in the first half after a second hit in which he was jumping for a pass in the end zone. He banged his head on the turf when he came down as he was being hit by safety Malcolm Jenkins.
Three players were fined $7,875 each from the 49ers' victory over Carolina last weekend: San Francisco running back Frank Gore and wide receiver Anquan Boldin and Carolina cornerback Josh Thomas.
Gore grabbed the facemask of Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis. Boldin was fined for a head butt. Thomas threw a punch toward 49ers receiver Quinton Patton but was not ejected.
New England running back Stevan Ridley was fined $5,250 for a uniform violation for wearing red shoes in a win over Indianapolis.
AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seager's 2 HRs give Seattle 5-3 win over Houston
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- Paxton and Walker optimistic they will be cleared to throw this week
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman named to Time's list of 100 most influential people
- Seahawks will need a finishing touch in 2014
- Richard Sherman talks race with Harvard students
- Seahawks get Packers Week 1, 49ers on Thanksgiving
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson files for divorce
- Marcus Trufant to retire as a Seahawk
- More Seattle Seahawks »