Updated Oct 3, 2013 - 7:47 pm
Bills QB EJ Manuel injures knee on hit
CLEVELAND (AP) - Buffalo rookie quarterback EJ Manuel left the Bills' game Thursday night against the Browns with a knee injury, and the team said his return was doubtful.
Manuel was hit on the right knee by Browns safety Tashaun Gipson at the end of a 14-yard run. Manuel stayed down in obvious pain and then walked slowly to the sideline before he was replaced by rookie backup Jeff Tuel. Manuel tried to get his loose on the sideline, jogging and riding a stationary bike. Trainers examined his knee before taking him to the locker room.
Manuel was 11 of 20 for 129 yards.
Earlier, Browns quarterback Brian Hoyer went down with a right knee injury and coach Rob Chudzinski told NFL Network he was fearful of torn ligaments.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- Paxton and Walker optimistic they will be cleared to throw this week
- M's coaches on changes needed if transfer rule stays
- Mariners notebook: Brad Miller gets his first day off
- M's notebook: Updates on Iwakuma, Paxton and more
- Maurer to start for Mariners on Sunday
- More Seattle Mariners »
- What do the Seahawks have planned for Pryor?
- Seahawks' preseason dates, times announced
- Seahawks' Zach Miller glad to be back after pay cut
- Seahawks Russell Wilson most popular pro athlete in Washington state
- 3 thoughts on the Seahawks' trade for Terrelle Pryor
- Nevada man sues Seahawks, NFL for $50 million over limiting playoff ticket sales
- More Seattle Seahawks »