Updated Oct 3, 2013 - 7:47 pm
Bills QB EJ Manuel injures knee on hit
CLEVELAND (AP) - Buffalo rookie quarterback EJ Manuel left the Bills' game Thursday night against the Browns with a knee injury, and the team said his return was doubtful.
Manuel was hit on the right knee by Browns safety Tashaun Gipson at the end of a 14-yard run. Manuel stayed down in obvious pain and then walked slowly to the sideline before he was replaced by rookie backup Jeff Tuel. Manuel tried to get his loose on the sideline, jogging and riding a stationary bike. Trainers examined his knee before taking him to the locker room.
Manuel was 11 of 20 for 129 yards.
Earlier, Browns quarterback Brian Hoyer went down with a right knee injury and coach Rob Chudzinski told NFL Network he was fearful of torn ligaments.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Danny O'Neil
Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- The Pete Carroll Show
Surgery upcoming for Seahawks' K.J. Wright
- Shannon Drayer
M's should be busy at baseball's winter meetings
- What we learned from the Seahawks' loss to the 49ers
- Seahawks will wait and see with center Max Unger
- 49ers hand out cards telling fans to sit down
- Seahawks' K.J. Wright to have surgery on broken foot
- Seahawks burned again by 49ers' Frank Gore
- Seahawks' slugfest loss an example of what to expect
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Mariners' statement from Zduriencik on Times article
- For Mariners, plenty of work to be done in Orlando
- Ten things you should know about Robinson Cano
- Pundits weigh in on Mariners' deal with Robinson Cano
- Reports: Mariners land Robinson Cano on 10-year deal
- What to make of Cano's meeting with Mariners
- More Seattle Mariners »