Updated Oct 6, 2013 - 9:27 am
Lions WR Calvin Johnson inactive for Packers game
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - Detroit Lions star Calvin Johnson was out for their divisional showdown against the Packers on Sunday.
The team's leading receiver had been sidelined two days last week with a knee injury before participating in practice on a limited basis Friday. He had been listed as questionable.
The Lions are already without Nate Burleson because of a forearm injury. Johnson has 21 catches for 312 yards and four touchdowns, while Burleson had 19 catches for 239 yards. Detroit's next leading wideout is Kris Durham with five catches for 102 yards.
Johnson missed a game for the first time since 2010.
Lions starting cornerback Chris Houston was active after missing a couple days of practice with a hamstring injury.
Besides Burleson and Johnson, the Lions' other inactives were quarterback Kellen Moore, running back Mike Leshore, cornerback Jonte Green, guard Leroy Harris and tackle LaAdrian Waddle.
Green Bay got good news this week with the return of safety Morgan Burnett from a hamstring injury. He's set to start and make his 2013 debut.
Cornerback Casey Hayward (hamstring), running back James Starks (knee) and backup offensive lineman Greg Van Roten (foot) are out as expected for the Packers. Their other inactives were linebacker Nate Palmer, tight end Brandon Bostick and defensive linemen Josh Boyd and C.J. Wilson.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- Seahawks give second-round tender to Doug Baldwin
- Reports: Michael Bennett to test free agency
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- Golden Tate states his case for a nice contract
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- John Stearns puts Mariners first and steps down
- Walker plays catch, expects to throw again Friday
- Mariners notebook: McClendon 'anxious' to see Walker
- Mariners notebook: Roster reduced to 55
- More Seattle Mariners »