Updated Oct 23, 2013 - 4:44 am
New bond set in death of football star's son
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) - A South Dakota judge has increased bond from $750,000 to $1 million for the man accused of killing the 2-year-old son of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, citing the serious nature of the charges.
KELO-TV and KDLT-TV report that 27-year-old Joseph Patterson made his first court appearance Tuesday since being indicted on murder manslaughter charges in the death of Tyrese Ruffin. Patterson made the appearance via video conference from jail.
Patterson is the boyfriend of the boy's mother. Authorities allege he assaulted Tyrese on Oct. 9 while the two were alone in a Sioux Falls apartment. He's to be arraigned Monday. His attorney says Patterson is not guilty.
The Argus Leader reports that on Tuesday night, about 100 people turned out at a Sioux Falls church to mourn Tyrese.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Mariners add run on replay, beat Rangers 7-1
- M's notebook: Why not move Ackley up in lineup?
- M's Chris Young has put shoulder issues behind him
- Could beards be the reason fans aren't connecting to the Mariners?
- Mariners notebook: Disappointing weekend for offense
- Mariners trade Noesi; will call up Beavan
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Report: Seahawks' Lockette made 911 call
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Bruce Irvin
- Report: Woman transported from Kaepernick's hotel
- 49ers' Colin Kaepernick responds to reports of 'suspicious incident'
- Lakewood is celebrating Jermaine Kearse Day
- Hawk Talk: Wright and the Seahawks' LB precedent
- More Seattle Seahawks »