Updated Oct 23, 2013 - 4:44 am
New bond set in death of football star's son
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) - A South Dakota judge has increased bond from $750,000 to $1 million for the man accused of killing the 2-year-old son of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, citing the serious nature of the charges.
KELO-TV and KDLT-TV report that 27-year-old Joseph Patterson made his first court appearance Tuesday since being indicted on murder manslaughter charges in the death of Tyrese Ruffin. Patterson made the appearance via video conference from jail.
Patterson is the boyfriend of the boy's mother. Authorities allege he assaulted Tyrese on Oct. 9 while the two were alone in a Sioux Falls apartment. He's to be arraigned Monday. His attorney says Patterson is not guilty.
The Argus Leader reports that on Tuesday night, about 100 people turned out at a Sioux Falls church to mourn Tyrese.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Report: Seahawks to re-sign Anthony McCoy
- Seahawks' Luke Willson agrees to go to high school prom
- Seahawks keep Michael Bennett with four-year deal
- Report: Seahawks favorites for Michael Bennett
- Trading for Graham would cost the Seahawks a fortune
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Will Miller or Franklin be the M's starting shortstop?
- Mariners' pitchers have a new focus under Waits
- ESPN's Kurkjian: Corey Hart 'crucial' for M's offense
- Notebook: Felix, Seager remember first time they faced
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- More Seattle Mariners »