Updated Oct 23, 2013 - 4:44 am
New bond set in death of football star's son
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) - A South Dakota judge has increased bond from $750,000 to $1 million for the man accused of killing the 2-year-old son of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, citing the serious nature of the charges.
KELO-TV and KDLT-TV report that 27-year-old Joseph Patterson made his first court appearance Tuesday since being indicted on murder manslaughter charges in the death of Tyrese Ruffin. Patterson made the appearance via video conference from jail.
Patterson is the boyfriend of the boy's mother. Authorities allege he assaulted Tyrese on Oct. 9 while the two were alone in a Sioux Falls apartment. He's to be arraigned Monday. His attorney says Patterson is not guilty.
The Argus Leader reports that on Tuesday night, about 100 people turned out at a Sioux Falls church to mourn Tyrese.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Mariners' Nick Franklin tweets he's been sent down
- Seager's 2 HRs give Seattle 5-3 win over Houston
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Report: Seahawks exec Scot McCloughan resigns
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman named to Time's list of 100 most influential people
- Seahawks will need a finishing touch in 2014
- Richard Sherman talks race with Harvard students
- Seahawks get Packers Week 1, 49ers on Thanksgiving
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson files for divorce
- More Seattle Seahawks »