Updated Oct 23, 2013 - 12:28 pm
HS football coach: No bullying found in 91-0 win
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - A Texas high school football coach whose team won its last game 91-0 says a district investigation has found "no grounds" to support a bullying complaint filed by a parent of the losing team.
Aledo High School coach Tim Buchanan said Wednesday administrators told him they found no evidence of bullying before or during Friday's lopsided victory over Fort Worth Western Hills.
State law required the district to investigate the complaint.
A copy of the complaint obtained by The Associated Press accused coaches of "not easing up when the game was in hand."
The parent, whose name was redacted, said in the complaint, "I did not know what to say on the ride home" to his or her son to explain the behavior of the coaches.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- Paxton and Walker optimistic they will be cleared to throw this week
- M's coaches on changes needed if transfer rule stays
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Richard Sherman talks race with Harvard students
- Seahawks to open vs. Packers, play 49ers on Thanksgiving
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson files for divorce
- Marcus Trufant to retire as a Seahawk
- Baldwin hoping for long-term deal with Seahawks
- What do the Seahawks have planned for Pryor?
- More Seattle Seahawks »