Updated Oct 23, 2013 - 12:28 pm
HS football coach: No bullying found in 91-0 win
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - A Texas high school football coach whose team won its last game 91-0 says a district investigation has found "no grounds" to support a bullying complaint filed by a parent of the losing team.
Aledo High School coach Tim Buchanan said Wednesday administrators told him they found no evidence of bullying before or during Friday's lopsided victory over Fort Worth Western Hills.
State law required the district to investigate the complaint.
A copy of the complaint obtained by The Associated Press accused coaches of "not easing up when the game was in hand."
The parent, whose name was redacted, said in the complaint, "I did not know what to say on the ride home" to his or her son to explain the behavior of the coaches.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- Golden Tate states his case for a nice contract
- Report: Seahawks tender RFA Jeron Johnson
- Russell Wilson's Rangers jersey a top MLB seller
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson turned down 'Dancing with the Stars'
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Mariners notebook: McClendon 'anxious' to see Walker
- Mariners notebook: Roster reduced to 55
- 'Cactus League Report' recap and podcast
- Mariners notebook: Taijuan Walker on his way back
- Mariners' outfield defense can be much better in 2014
- Mariners notebook: Seager just about ready for action
- More Seattle Mariners »