Updated Jan 15, 2014 - 12:25 am
Patriots secondary set for rematch with Manning
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) - The Denver Broncos tried to beat the New England Patriots less than two months ago by running the ball. It didn't work.
With a berth in the Super Bowl at stake in Sunday's rematch, Peyton Manning figures to throw more to his three outstanding wide receivers. So Patriots safety Steve Gregory says the pass defense will have to be at the top of its game.
It's been pretty good lately. The Patriots intercepted Andrew Luck four times in last Saturday night's 43-22 divisional-round win over Indianapolis. And in their next to last regular-season game, they picked off Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco three times in a 41-7 rout of Baltimore.
The Patriots play in Denver in the AFC championship game on Sunday.
Online: AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Zach Miller restructures deal to stay with Seahawks
- Former Seahawk Brandon Browner signs with Pats
- Seahawks announce season ticket price hike
- Seahawks' success a selling point for Henry Melton?
- Seahawks' Michael Robinson learns different type of blocking in soap opera appearance
- Reports: DTs Melton, Walker visiting Seahawks
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- DeAndre Yedlin standing out for Sounders FC with his play and his hairstyles
- Sounders sign ex-Dynamo F Weaver
- Meet the new Sounders player who wowed fans with last-minute goal in debut
- 5 takeaways: Another Sounders season is upon us
- Seattle Sounders debut 'pitch black' uniforms
- Evans, Yedlin get valuable national team time
- More Sounders FC »