Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. WHERE BERNIE SANDERS HOLDS CLEAR ADVANTAGE
By 48 percent to 39 percent, more Americans hold a favorable opinion of Sanders — the best net-positive rating in the presidential field, an AP poll finds.
2. DOZENS LINKED TO PARIS-BRUSSELS ATTACKS ‘SUPERCELL’
Investigators connect more names to the list of hardened attackers, hangers-on and tacit supporters of the cell that killed 130 people in Paris and 32 in Brussels.
3. US REACHES $5B DEAL WITH GOLDMAN SACHS
The Justice Department announces the settlement over the sale of shaky mortgage-backed securities leading up to the 2008 financial crisis.
4. SOUTH CAROLINA COP ACCEPTS PLEA AGREEMENT
Under the deal, the white police officer who shot and killed a 68-year-old black driver after a chase is sentenced to probation.
5. US NAVY OFFICER ACCUSED OF ESPIONAGE
The officer with access to highly classified information allegedly passed military secrets to China or Taiwan, or both.
6. UN ENVOY URGES RESPECT FOR SYRIAN CEASE-FIRE
The plea comes amid stepped-up fighting around the city of Aleppo, Syria’s largest, and elsewhere in the country.
7. WHAT’S THREATENING FREE SPEECH IN SOUTH KOREA
Amid elections, online comments or posts depicting a candidate in a negative light can be blocked over libel or privacy concerns.
8. HEALTH OFFICIALS PRESS FOR MORE MONEY TO COMBAT ZIKA
The more researchers learn about the virus, the scarier it appears, the U.S. officials say.
9. WHY SWEDEN WANTS TO BAN FOREIGN LOBSTERS
The discovery in Swedish waters of dozens of American lobsters — which possibly escaped after export to Europe — prompts worries that they could outcompete the smaller European variety for food.
10. ‘UNTIL THEY THROW ME OUT OR THEY CARRY ME OUT IN A BOX’
That’s what 90-year-old Elena Griffing says it will take to get her to leave the job she’s held at a San Francisco hospital for 70 years.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.