Updated Oct 17, 2012 - 4:29 am
Nike signs uniform deal with IOC
LAUSANNE, Switzerland (AP) - The IOC is going with the swoosh.
The International Olympic Committee has signed a deal with U.S. sportswear giant Nike to supply uniforms and products to members and staff.
The agreement begins in January and runs until the end of 2016.
IOC members will wear Nike outfits at the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, and 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, as well as various other meetings and events.
IOC marketing director Timo Lumme says "we feel that this relationship will be a great fit for the IOC."
Nike replaces Japanese firm Mizuno, which had served as the IOC's uniform supplier since 1995. Mizuno bowed out because it is a sponsor of Tokyo's bid for the 2020 Olympics.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Bonneville Media encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comments can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior. We encourage your thoughtful comments which: have a positive and constructive tone, are on topic, are respectful toward others and their opinions. Bonneville reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.
- Brock Huard
'No way in the world' that Russell Wilson is No. 51
- John Clayton
Video: Clayton trains for his big moment at Safeco
- Wyman, Mike and Moore
GM says Ackley, Harang staying put for now
- Seattle drops 7th straight in 9-5 loss to Texas
- Berkman, Baker power Texas past Seattle 9-5
- Seattle designates Andino calls up Sucre, Triunfel
- With Andino reportedly on waivers and Miller on the move, what's next for the Mariners?
- Law: Zduriencik's seat 'getting hotter by the day'
- Zduriencik says Ackley, Harang staying put for now
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Seattle MF Evans added to US training camp roster
- Johnson scores twice as Sounders beat FC Dallas
- Neagle's two goals lifts Sounders over Earthquakes
- Traore lifts Sounders to 1-0 win over Sporting KC
- Martin lifts Sounders past Rapids 1-0
- Sounders sign former Virginia forward Will Bates
- More Sounders FC »