Updated Feb 21, 2013 - 12:51 pm
Michael Phelps has his eye on golf, not gold
SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) - Michael Phelps still hops in the pool these days, but only to escape questions about whether he'll swim competitively again.
The most decorated Olympian is too busy enjoying retirement to think about a Michael Jordan-like comeback. Phelps is filming a reality TV series for the Golf Channel with swing coach Hank Haney. The two visited the Baltimore Orioles in spring training on Thursday.
Phelps donned a helmet for batting practice. After getting warm he found the outfield with more than a few swings, impressing manager Buck Showalter.
Phelps wore a No. 18 jersey, the same number of Olympic gold medals he won during his unparalleled swimming career.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seager's 2 HRs give Seattle 5-3 win over Houston
- Zduriencik and McClendon on the Mariners struggle
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- Paxton and Walker optimistic they will be cleared to throw this week
- More Seattle Mariners »