Updated Feb 21, 2013 - 12:51 pm
Michael Phelps has his eye on golf, not gold
SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) - Michael Phelps still hops in the pool these days, but only to escape questions about whether he'll swim competitively again.
The most decorated Olympian is too busy enjoying retirement to think about a Michael Jordan-like comeback. Phelps is filming a reality TV series for the Golf Channel with swing coach Hank Haney. The two visited the Baltimore Orioles in spring training on Thursday.
Phelps donned a helmet for batting practice. After getting warm he found the outfield with more than a few swings, impressing manager Buck Showalter.
Phelps wore a No. 18 jersey, the same number of Olympic gold medals he won during his unparalleled swimming career.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seahawks' Luke Willson agrees to go to high school prom
- Seahawks keep Michael Bennett with four-year deal
- Report: Seahawks favorites for Michael Bennett
- Trading for Graham would cost the Seahawks a fortune
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- Seahawks give second-round tender to Doug Baldwin
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Will Miller or Franklin be the M's starting shortstop?
- Mariners' pitchers have a new focus under Waits
- ESPN's Kurkjian: Corey Hart 'crucial' for M's offense
- Notebook: Felix, Seager remember first time they faced
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- More Seattle Mariners »