Updated Sep 7, 2013 - 12:19 pm
Madrid is eliminated as host for 2020 Olympics
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) - Madrid has been eliminated as a host city for the 2020 Olympics, leaving Tokyo and Istanbul to advance to the final round.
Madrid initially tied with Istanbul as an also-ran in the voting by the International Olympic Committee. Istanbul won the tiebreak vote 49-45.
The winner will now be determined in a second-round vote between the Japanese and Turkish cities.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- M's notebook: Walker scratched from Tacoma start
- Mariners add run on replay, beat Rangers 7-1
- M's notebook: Why not move Ackley up in lineup?
- M's Chris Young has put shoulder issues behind him
- Could beards be the reason fans aren't connecting to the Mariners?
- Mariners notebook: Disappointing weekend for offense
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks keep busy in offseason California workouts
- Report: Seahawks' Lockette made 911 call
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Bruce Irvin
- Report: Woman transported from Kaepernick's hotel
- 49ers' Colin Kaepernick responds to reports of 'suspicious incident'
- More Seattle Seahawks »