Updated Sep 7, 2013 - 12:19 pm
Madrid is eliminated as host for 2020 Olympics
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) - Madrid has been eliminated as a host city for the 2020 Olympics, leaving Tokyo and Istanbul to advance to the final round.
Madrid initially tied with Istanbul as an also-ran in the voting by the International Olympic Committee. Istanbul won the tiebreak vote 49-45.
The winner will now be determined in a second-round vote between the Japanese and Turkish cities.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- Seahawks give second-round tender to Doug Baldwin
- Reports: Michael Bennett to test free agency
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- Golden Tate states his case for a nice contract
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- John Stearns puts Mariners first and steps down
- Walker plays catch, expects to throw again Friday
- Mariners notebook: McClendon 'anxious' to see Walker
- Mariners notebook: Roster reduced to 55
- More Seattle Mariners »