Updated Jun 18, 2013 - 8:31 am
Diving great Greg Louganis to marry in fall
NEW YORK (AP) - Former Olympic diving champion Greg Louganis plans to get married this fall.
People magazine says the 53-year-old Louganis will marry paralegal Johnny Chaillot.
The four-time gold medalist is the only man to win consecutive Olympic titles in springboard and platform diving _ in 1984 at Los Angeles and 1988 at Seoul.
After his diving career ended, Louganis revealed he was gay in 1994 and announced he was HIV-positive a year later.
Louganis is helping Olympic hopefuls as an athlete mentor for USA Diving. He's also been featured as a coach on ABC's reality diving competition "Splash."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Shannon Drayer
What to make of Cano's meeting with Mariners
- Wyman, Mike and Moore
'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk star treatment
- Brock Huard
Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat Saints' blitz
- Watch a live stream of 'The Huddle'
- Person of Interest: 49ers' Colin Kaepernick
- 'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk the star treatment
- Seahawks notebook: Percy Harvin held out of practice
- 49ers' Joe Looney takes on key offensive line role
- Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat the Saints' blitz
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- What to make of Cano's meeting with Mariners
- Willie Bloomquist talks about his return and hints at more moves to come
- Mariners' Jack Zduriencik isn't tipping his hand
- Rick Rizzs and Toys for Kids make thousands of area children happy at Christmas
- Mariners notebook: Robinson Cano talk heating up
- Seattle hires Wilson as minor league coach
- More Seattle Mariners »