Updated Jun 18, 2013 - 8:31 am
Diving great Greg Louganis to marry in fall
NEW YORK (AP) - Former Olympic diving champion Greg Louganis plans to get married this fall.
People magazine says the 53-year-old Louganis will marry paralegal Johnny Chaillot.
The four-time gold medalist is the only man to win consecutive Olympic titles in springboard and platform diving _ in 1984 at Los Angeles and 1988 at Seoul.
After his diving career ended, Louganis revealed he was gay in 1994 and announced he was HIV-positive a year later.
Louganis is helping Olympic hopefuls as an athlete mentor for USA Diving. He's also been featured as a coach on ABC's reality diving competition "Splash."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Changes coming after the Mariners' 8th straight loss?
- McHugh strikes out 12 as Astros beat Seattle 5-2
- Dominguez homers to lead Astros over Mariners
- Paxton and Walker optimistic they will be cleared to throw this week
- M's coaches on changes needed if transfer rule stays
- Mariners notebook: Brad Miller gets his first day off
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Richard Sherman talks race with Harvard students
- Seahawks to open vs. Packers, play 49ers on Thanksgiving
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson files for divorce
- Marcus Trufant to retire as a Seahawk
- Baldwin hoping for long-term deal with Seahawks
- What do the Seahawks have planned for Pryor?
- More Seattle Seahawks »