Updated Feb 16, 2014 - 11:59 am
NBC's Costas back at work Monday from Sochi Games
SOCHI, Russia (AP) - NBC's Bob Costas plans to make his return to NBC on Monday after being off the air for a week with an eye infection.
NBC said Sunday that "Today" host Matt Lauer will sub for Costas one last time on NBC's Sunday night telecast, and that Costas is preparing for his return in prime-time Monday.
The long-time Olympics host started duty in Sochi with one eye reddened from an infection that he hoped would clear up quickly. Instead, it spread to his other eye. It made his vision sight blurry and it was difficult for him to work, and his red eyes were a popular topic on social media.
Lauer and Meredith Vieira have filled in for him.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seattle Mariners make history by winning game with instant replay
- Mariners notebook: Good news for Taijuan Walker
- M's reportedly interested in White Sox OF Viciedo
- Will Miller or Franklin be the M's starting shortstop?
- Mariners' pitchers have a new focus under Waits
- ESPN's Kurkjian: Corey Hart 'crucial' for M's offense
- More Seattle Mariners »