Updated Dec 17, 2013 - 2:16 pm
Shaun White to compete in World Cup event
COPPER MOUNTAIN, Colo. (AP) - Shaun White's balky left ankle apparently isn't going to keep the two-time Olympic gold medalist out of this weekend's World Cup event in Colorado.
White posted a picture of a halfpipe on his Facebook page on Tuesday. The picture included a message that read "I am in the building" as an introduction.
The greatest snowboarder of all time tweaked the ankle during his first run in the halfpipe finals of an event in Breckinridge, Colo., on Saturday. He completed his second run but finished runner-up to Greg Bretz. White skipped the slopestyle finals Sunday.
White needs 50 points and a top-30 finish in a World Cup event to be eligible for the Olympics. He could get both with a successful weekend at Copper Mountain.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- Seahawks give second-round tender to Doug Baldwin
- Reports: Michael Bennett to test free agency
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- Golden Tate states his case for a nice contract
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- ESPN's Kurkjian: Corey Hart 'crucial' for M's offense
- Notebook: Felix, Seager remember first time they faced
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- John Stearns puts Mariners first and steps down
- Walker plays catch, expects to throw again Friday
- More Seattle Mariners »