Updated Dec 17, 2013 - 2:16 pm
Shaun White to compete in World Cup event
COPPER MOUNTAIN, Colo. (AP) - Shaun White's balky left ankle apparently isn't going to keep the two-time Olympic gold medalist out of this weekend's World Cup event in Colorado.
White posted a picture of a halfpipe on his Facebook page on Tuesday. The picture included a message that read "I am in the building" as an introduction.
The greatest snowboarder of all time tweaked the ankle during his first run in the halfpipe finals of an event in Breckinridge, Colo., on Saturday. He completed his second run but finished runner-up to Greg Bretz. White skipped the slopestyle finals Sunday.
White needs 50 points and a top-30 finish in a World Cup event to be eligible for the Olympics. He could get both with a successful weekend at Copper Mountain.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seattle 1B Choi banned 50 games for positive test
- Mariners minor leaguer suspended
- Mariners announcer needs signature Robinson Cano call
- Mariners notebook: A surprise in right field
- Mariners notebook: Walker shut down for two weeks
- M's Walker diagnosed with shoulder impingement
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Sidney Rice agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks keep busy in offseason California workouts
- More Seattle Seahawks »