Updated Feb 11, 2014 - 11:14 am
SOCHI SCENE: Just call him I-Pod
SOCHI, Russia (AP) - Iouri Podladtchikov has delivered the stunner of these Sochi Games, besting American snowboarding icon Shaun White in the halfpipe to win the gold medal.
The 25-year-old from Switzerland, who was born in Russia, figures to have his name all over the news in the coming days after beating the two-time defending Olympic champion. So you better learn how to say it.
It's pronounced YOU'-ree Pod-LAT'-she-kawv.
You know what? Come to think of it, probably just best to call him by his nickname: I-Pod.
_ By Jon Krawczynski _ Twitter http://twitter.com/APKrawczynski
Associated Press reporters are filing dispatches about happenings in and around Sochi during the 2014 Winter Games. Follow AP journalists covering the Olympics on Twitter: http://apne.ws/1c3WMiu
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Mariners debut their 2014 commercials
- Mariners release 2014 commercials
- 'Cactus League Report' rewind and podcast
- Seattle Mariners make history by winning game with instant replay
- Mariners notebook: Good news for Taijuan Walker
- M's reportedly interested in White Sox OF Viciedo
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Meet the new Sounders player who wowed fans with last-minute goal in debut
- 5 takeaways: Another Sounders season is upon us
- Seattle Sounders debut 'pitch black' uniforms
- Evans, Yedlin get valuable national team time
- Seattle sends 2 defenders to Chicago for Anibaba
- Seattle Sounders sign F Chad Barrett, 2 others
- More Sounders FC »