Updated Nov 8, 2012 - 2:19 pm
Shaun White's attorney amends court agreement
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - An attorney for two-time Olympic gold medalist snowboarder Shaun White returned to court to amend an agreement to settle public intoxication and vandalism charges.
District attorney's office spokeswoman Susan Niland said on Thursday that White's lawyer has provided proof the athlete completed an alcohol assessment with a health care professional. White still must perform 24 hours of community service before the public intoxication charge is dropped.
The vandalism charge was dismissed Wednesday after White paid restitution to a Nashville hotel where he drunkenly destroyed a telephone in September. He also pulled a fire alarm and tried to fight a guest.
Prosecutors brought the case back before a judge Thursday because court records from the day before didn't include the alcohol provision.
White's attorney didn't return calls seeking comment.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Former Seahawks DE Red Bryant signs with Jaguars
- Seahawks give second-round tender to Doug Baldwin
- Reports: Michael Bennett to test free agency
- Seahawks should pass on Brandon Browner
- Browner's reinstatement includes four-game ban
- Golden Tate states his case for a nice contract
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- ESPN's Kurkjian: Corey Hart 'crucial' for M's offense
- Notebook: Felix, Seager remember first time they faced
- Paxton says September success gives him confidence
- Mariners notebook: Rodney ready for a strong start
- John Stearns puts Mariners first and steps down
- Walker plays catch, expects to throw again Friday
- More Seattle Mariners »