Updated Nov 8, 2012 - 2:19 pm
Shaun White's attorney amends court agreement
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - An attorney for two-time Olympic gold medalist snowboarder Shaun White returned to court to amend an agreement to settle public intoxication and vandalism charges.
District attorney's office spokeswoman Susan Niland said on Thursday that White's lawyer has provided proof the athlete completed an alcohol assessment with a health care professional. White still must perform 24 hours of community service before the public intoxication charge is dropped.
The vandalism charge was dismissed Wednesday after White paid restitution to a Nashville hotel where he drunkenly destroyed a telephone in September. He also pulled a fire alarm and tried to fight a guest.
Prosecutors brought the case back before a judge Thursday because court records from the day before didn't include the alcohol provision.
White's attorney didn't return calls seeking comment.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Seattle 1B Choi banned 50 games for positive test
- Mariners minor leaguer suspended
- Mariners announcer needs signature Robinson Cano call
- Mariners notebook: A surprise in right field
- Mariners notebook: Walker shut down for two weeks
- M's Walker diagnosed with shoulder impingement
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Sidney Rice agrees to one-year deal with Seahawks
- Sidney Rice returns to the Seahawks with reported 1-year-deal
- Video: Seahawks stay mum on Lockette with TMZ paparazzi
- Seahawks with the most to gain: Byron Maxwell
- Seahawks should bring back Sidney Rice at a discount
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks keep busy in offseason California workouts
- More Seattle Seahawks »