Updated Nov 8, 2012 - 2:19 pm
Shaun White's attorney amends court agreement
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - An attorney for two-time Olympic gold medalist snowboarder Shaun White returned to court to amend an agreement to settle public intoxication and vandalism charges.
District attorney's office spokeswoman Susan Niland said on Thursday that White's lawyer has provided proof the athlete completed an alcohol assessment with a health care professional. White still must perform 24 hours of community service before the public intoxication charge is dropped.
The vandalism charge was dismissed Wednesday after White paid restitution to a Nashville hotel where he drunkenly destroyed a telephone in September. He also pulled a fire alarm and tried to fight a guest.
Prosecutors brought the case back before a judge Thursday because court records from the day before didn't include the alcohol provision.
White's attorney didn't return calls seeking comment.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Danny O'Neil
Giants game will be prime opportunity for Seahawks
- Jim Moore
Rooting against Huskies' Petersen won't be easy
- Bob and Groz
Willson showing why the Seahawks wanted him
- Seahawks notebook: Percy Harvin sits out again
- Giants game will be a prime opportunity for Seahawks
- Seahawks fans outraged by depiction in Dr. Dre commercial
- Luke Willson showing why the Seahawks wanted him
- Hawk Talk: Live Seahawks chat with Danny O'Neil
- Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Seattle signs Hart, acquires Morrison
- Mariners agree to deal with Corey Hart, reportedly acquire Logan Morrison in trade
- Report paints an ugly picture of Mariners' front office
- Zduriencik addresses Wedge's comments, Cano's deal and other potential Mariners moves
- Mariners notes: In defense of Cano's contract
- Mariners notes, links from Day 1 of winter meetings
- More Seattle Mariners »