Updated Dec 6, 2012 - 5:02 pm
Report: Mariners 'serious' about Josh Hamilton
A report from Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com says the Mariners are "serious" about outfielder Josh Hamilton, the biggest bat on the free-agent market.
"The team has discussed three-year deals with Hamilton in the range of $20 million to $25 million per season, major-league sources say," Rosenthal wrote Thursday, after baseball's winter meetings had wrapped up.
Another prominent national baseball writer, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com, tweeted Thursday that the Mariners are "said to be 'real' players" for Hamilton.
This runs somewhat counter to what Mariners general manager Jack Zduriencik said last month when he suggested to reporters that the contract Hamilton is believed to be seeking might be too large a financial commitment for Seattle.
The Mariners reportedly met with Hamilton on Sunday.
Bonneville Media encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comments can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior. We encourage your thoughtful comments which: have a positive and constructive tone, are on topic, are respectful toward others and their opinions. Bonneville reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.
- Brock Huard
'No way in the world' that Russell Wilson is No. 51
- Bob and Groz
Is replacing Zduriencik the right move for M's?
- John Clayton
Video: Clayton trains for his big moment at Safeco
- Seattle drops 7th straight in 9-5 loss to Texas
- Berkman, Baker power Texas past Seattle 9-5
- Seattle designates Andino calls up Sucre, Triunfel
- With Andino reportedly on waivers and Miller on the move, what's next for the Mariners?
- Law: Zduriencik's seat 'getting hotter by the day'
- Zduriencik says Ackley, Harang staying put for now
- More Seattle Mariners »
- Seattle MF Evans added to US training camp roster
- Johnson scores twice as Sounders beat FC Dallas
- Neagle's two goals lifts Sounders over Earthquakes
- Traore lifts Sounders to 1-0 win over Sporting KC
- Martin lifts Sounders past Rapids 1-0
- Sounders sign former Virginia forward Will Bates
- More Sounders FC »