Updated Dec 21, 2012 - 4:52 pm
Mariners sign RHP Bonderman to minor league deal
SEATTLE, Wash. (AP) - The Seattle Mariners have signed pitcher Jeremy Bonderman to a minor league contract, hoping the right-hander can make a comeback from Tommy John surgery.
The Mariners announced the deal Friday. They also invited the 30-year-old who was raised in the state of Washington to spring training.
Bonderman has not pitched in the majors since 2010, when he went 8-10 with a 5.53 ERA for Detroit. He pitched eight seasons for the Tigers and helped them reach the World Series in 2006, when he was 14-8 and led the AL with 34 starts.
Bonderman had surgery on his right elbow last April. A blood clot in his right shoulder slowed his career in 2008 after he had a winning record in three straight years.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
- Danny O'Neil
Giants game will be prime opportunity for Seahawks
- Jim Moore
Rooting against Huskies' Petersen won't be easy
- Bob and Groz
Willson showing why the Seahawks wanted him
- Seahawks notebook: Percy Harvin sits out again
- Giants game will be a prime opportunity for Seahawks
- Seahawks fans outraged by depiction in Dr. Dre commercial
- Luke Willson showing why the Seahawks wanted him
- Hawk Talk: Live Seahawks chat with Danny O'Neil
- Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score?
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Seattle signs Hart, acquires Morrison
- Mariners agree to deal with Corey Hart, reportedly acquire Logan Morrison in trade
- Report paints an ugly picture of Mariners' front office
- Zduriencik addresses Wedge's comments, Cano's deal and other potential Mariners moves
- Mariners notes: In defense of Cano's contract
- Mariners notes, links from Day 1 of winter meetings
- More Seattle Mariners »