Updated Sep 16, 2013 - 5:09 pm
Hernandez not returning to Mariners rotation yet
DETROIT (AP) - Felix Hernandez is not ready to return to Seattle's starting rotation.
Hernandez, who has been bothered by an oblique strain, threw a bullpen session Monday in Detroit, but the Mariners say Hisashi Iwakuma will start against the Tigers on Wednesday night, followed by James Paxton on Thursday. Erasmo Ramirez is slated to start against the Los Angeles Angels on Friday.
Hernandez is expected to throw another bullpen session Thursday.
Pitching coach Carl Willis says Hernandez felt fine physically Monday but is a little erratic. He has not pitched since Sept. 2.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Please login below with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing MyNorthwest account holders will need to create a new Disqus account or use one of the social logins provided below. Thank you.
You might also be interested in:
- Wyman, Mike and Moore
'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk star treatment
- Brock Huard
Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat Saints' blitz
- Shannon Drayer
Mariners' Jack Zduriencik isn't tipping his hand
- 'Russellmania' gets one Seahawk the star treatment
- Seahawks notebook: Percy Harvin held out of practice
- 49ers' Joe Looney takes on key offensive line role
- Chalk Talk: Wilson and Baldwin beat the Saints' blitz
- 49ers remind fans about 'home field advantage plan'
- 49ers prepare to stay composed in emotional game
- More Seattle Seahawks »
- Rick Rizzs and Toys for Kids make thousands of area children happy at Christmas
- Mariners notebook: Robinson Cano talk heating up
- Seattle hires Wilson as minor league coach
- Notebook: Mariners close to signing Willie Bloomquist
- Howard Lincoln on the Mariners' search for a president
- What's next in the Mariners' search for a president?
- More Seattle Mariners »